• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Alternative Administration System: Categories/Products

gadlol

Hi John

Thank you for this fantastic Add-On!

I installed it local for testing and i'm getting following message if i activate the Field Tax Class/Rate from the menu on the right side.

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\Users\my name\Music\xampp\htdocs\testshop\admin\tbl.php on line 189

and no Tax Class/Rate is showing in the drop-down menu. did i install something wrong? Or is this a known bug that will be fixed with the coming update 0.2?

will this be added also in the 0.2 version?

Thanks again and greetings from far east.

Lambros

Hello Lambro (Lambros is a Greek name, are you Greek?).

Yes I know the existence of that bug.

It has already been fixed in version 0.2. (that bug happened because I forgot to change some mysql to tep_db_query)

So, wherever you see mysql_query replace with tep_db_query and mysql_num_rows with tep_db_num_rows and mysql_fetch_array with tep_db_fetch_array

But I strongly recommend waiting for the new version. Which is far far far better....

Yes Gross price in version 0.2 is editable. (You can edit single product's gross price or multiple products' gross prices)

Check out the great Alternative Administration System addon for osCommerce!

Hello Lambro (Lambros is a Greek name, are you Greek?).

Yes, i am greek, but born and raised in Switzerland and moved to Japan about 6 years ago...

But I strongly recommend waiting for the new version. Which is far far far better....

i definitely wait for the new version.

ευχaριστω!

λaμπρό

Edited by Tsimi

Hi John,

Your approach for AAS is definitely a winner and I am looking forward to the new version.

As for your question for requests it would be great to see Product Specifications in AAS ... You could start of with http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8096

To clarify I describe the (my) definition of an Attribute ... I would say a Product Attribute would be a a different SKU since the attribute "changes" the product (for example Attribute Memory changes the price of the product and probably it is a different box with a different EAN-code - hence different SKU). See demo store http://demo.oscommerce.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_4&products_id=1

A Product Specification I would describe as ... (a set of) common product specifications you would like to have displayed in a table for example for comparison. So for the same product you probabaly have the followoing specifications:

• BRAND - Matrox
  • EAN - 4949812333111
  • MULTI MONITOR - Yes
  • WEIGHT - 300 grams

Note that Specifications do not change the product SKU.

I did some developing for specifications long time ago to make it work with Ajax (based on the Add-On) and it is kind of copy-paste your attributes code...

How could it work? An adminstrator would make a standard Specifactions Set - Assign Specifactions Set to (a set of) products or category - Copy a set for the next category - make some changes to Specification Name - Add a new Specification .... etc.etc. Probably adminstrator would also want to set different values for using the specification in Filtering (yes-no) - using it in Comparison (yes-no).

It would be great to see Specifications is AAS! And off course I will be happy to make a donation :thumbsup: :)

Regards!

Edited by azpro

Hi John,

Your approach for AAS is definitely a winner and I am looking forward to the new version.

As for your question for requests it would be great to see Product Specifications in AAS ... You could start of with http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8096

To clarify I describe the (my) definition of an Attribute ... I would say a Product Attribute would be a a different SKU since the attribute "changes" the product (for example Attribute Memory changes the price of the product and probably it is a different box with a different EAN-code - hence different SKU). See demo store http://demo.oscommerce.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_4&products_id=1

A Product Specification I would describe as ... (a set of) common product specifications you would like to have displayed in a table for example for comparison. So for the same product you probabaly have the followoing specifications:

• BRAND - Matrox
  • EAN - 4949812333111
  • MULTI MONITOR - Yes
  • WEIGHT - 300 grams

Note that Specifications do not change the product SKU.

I did some developing for specifications long time ago to make it work with Ajax (based on the Add-On) and it is kind of copy-paste your attributes code...

How could it work? An adminstrator would make a standard Specifactions Set - Assign Specifactions Set to (a set of) products or category - Copy a set for the next category - make some changes to Specification Name - Add a new Specification .... etc.etc. Probably adminstrator would also want to set different values for using the specification in Filtering (yes-no) - using it in Comparison (yes-no).

It would be great to see Specifications is AAS! And off course I will be happy to make a donation :thumbsup: :)

Regards!

Hello Arjan.

I will create Product Specifications for AAS later (as a plugin for AAS) because it needs lots of coding and testing so everything will work fine.

Have a look at the way you can edit, via ajax always, a product's description in the upcoming 0.2 version:

post-284725-0-64512200-1382122025_thumb.png

Have a look at the way you can edit, via ajax always, a product's description in the upcoming 0.2 version:

post-284725-0-64512200-1382122025_thumb.png

multilingual support, very nice! and the window is wider then in v 0.1. don't tell me you speak german too.

multilingual support, very nice! and the window is wider then in v 0.1. don't tell me you speak german too.

Yes multilingual support and the window is wider (it covers 90% of your screen).

No I dont speak German. I just added that language to make some tests.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some latest news about A.A.S. development:

I have implemented it in a such way, that you can now add links to directly open the A.A.S. plugins.

For example you may want to have a link to open directly the Calendar plugin.

So the link will be catalog/admin/aas.php#calendar

For Specials Manager catalog/admin/aas.php#specials_manager

You dont have to worry about that links.

I have implemented those in a file, which you will put it in the catalog/admin/includes/boxes/ and they will be automatically created as a new menu in the column left accordion menu.

Have a look at the screenshot to see for your self:

post-284725-0-82332300-1382390728_thumb.jpg

Everything is almost ready, what's left, is to make a video to explain - show the A.A.S. in action.

Thank you for staying tuned.

Hi John,

I have to say this is a lifesaver add-on for me and i'm definitely making a donation. I'm wondering, when in a product with lots of attributes like different sizes and prices for example, is it possible the discount to function for all the prices for this product?

Thank you for your great work !!!

Hi John,

I have to say this is a lifesaver add-on for me and i'm definitely making a donation. I'm wondering, when in a product with lots of attributes like different sizes and prices for example, is it possible the discount to function for all the prices for this product?

Thank you for your great work !!!

Hello Evgeni and thank you.

If I understood well, you need a way to mass alter the attributes prices just like the way you do it with the net and gross prices.

Am I right?

Hello Evgeni and thank you.

If I understood well, you need a way to mass alter the attributes prices just like the way you do it with the net and gross prices.

Am I right?

Exactly! It's about Mattreses and mattres frames. One model mattres with lots of sizes.

Exactly! It's about Mattreses and mattres frames. One model mattres with lots of sizes.

So it would be nice to mass alter all the attributes prices or the attributes of a specific option name.

For example, make a discount on a mattresses' sizes option name attribute only. Not to color for example...

Xmm, that would be nice and I think it would be a good add in the A.A.S.

New amazing feature for A.A.S. that does not exist in osc by default.

Discount - mass Edit product's attributes option prices.

Imagine having a product with many attributes and you want to lower the option prices by 5%.

You just enter 5 select -% and press apply and all option prices will be lowered by 5%. Cool!!!!

Wait there is more. You can alter the option prices in specific option names.

For example: a product has the above attributes option names:

Size

Color

Model

well, if you want you can alter the prices of a specific option names in our example lets say the Color.

And of course you can alter the prices as you want (lower by percentage, make all prices the same amount, add amount, add percentage, sub amount)

Check the screenshots:

post-284725-0-77595600-1382628404_thumb.png post-284725-0-69556700-1382628415_thumb.png

You have to thank Evgeni for requesting this feature.

My god John, I didn't think you'll manage to do it so fast :)

Can I share a little issue i have?

When I set the different product sizes and colours in the old osCommerce panel "Option Values" as you can see on the picture below, they are sorted by size. I do that so I can have them as existing options when I start editing with the new one.

a>

I open the new one. When selecting size to be the "Option name", in "Option value" it's not showing just sizes, but everything i previously entered as attributes (sizes and colours).

Also it'll be wonderful If the attributes are sorted by price. If the prices of two different attributes are the same (see sizes 70/200 and 72/190) maybe sorting second time by size, so it's easier for the customer to find the one he's looking for.

My english is not that good but I hope you can understand what I mean :)

1Ml9X.jpg

Greetings!!!

I'm sure this would be the most valuable add-on for osComerce.

Edited by genata_z

My god John, I didn't think you'll manage to do it so fast :)

Can I share a little issue i have?

When I set the different product sizes and colours in the old osCommerce panel "Option Values" as you can see on the picture below, they are sorted by size. I do that so I can have them as existing options when I start editing with the new one.

I open the new one. When selecting size to be the "Option name", in "Option value" it's not showing just sizes, but everything i previously entered as attributes (sizes and colours).

Also it'll be wonderful If the attributes are sorted by price. If the prices of two different attributes are the same (see sizes 70/200 and 72/190) maybe sorting second time by size, so it's easier for the customer to find the one he's looking for.

My english is not that good but I hope you can understand what I mean :)

Greetings!!!

I'm sure this would be the most valuable add-on for osComerce.

Hi again.

In the previous screenshot in the Products Attributes dialog you can see in the column Option Value a select box which contains all the option values.

I know its not handy to display all the option values since you have selected an Option Name. It should only display those that are "assigned" to it.

For example when you select option name Size then it should display only the size option values. Which in your case are:

100 / 190 cm

100 / 200 cm

e.t.c.

Well since I love programming and since you are going to make at least one donation :)

I just implemented a feature where you click on a toggle button and magically via ajax all the option values are narrowed down to those that are assigned to selected option name. And of course, if you press that button again, all the option values get appeared.

For example if you press that toggle button which is found next of the dropdown select box and in the option name select box is selected the "Size" then the Option Values select box data will change to those assigned to.

Have a look at the attached screenshot:

post-284725-0-39267400-1382655777_thumb.jpg

I think this is a very powerful feature mostly for those who have lots of option values and option names.

Osc by default cannot do that. It just displays all the option values. So another great feature has been added.

As for the sort by method, yes I can make them be sorted by price.

Right now I sort them by option_id and not option_name as it was by default.

I will make it sort them by option id and option price or maybe I will enter an option to select sort method.

Hi John (Γιάννη)

amazing work!

just two things:

In your instructions file you mention in step3:

STEP 3:

Add to admin/includes/filenames.php

define('FILENAME_TABLEDATA', 'tbl.php');

define('FILENAME_TBL_AJAX', 'tbl_ajax.php');

you are not including the second file in the zip file (unless I'm mistaken). I had to use the one from the previous version.

Also is there a way to combine quantity/stock with the attributes? like qtpro from example?

Hi John (Γιάννη)

amazing work!

just two things:

In your instructions file you mention in step3:

STEP 3:

Add to admin/includes/filenames.php

define('FILENAME_TABLEDATA', 'tbl.php');

define('FILENAME_TBL_AJAX', 'tbl_ajax.php');

you are not including the second file in the zip file (unless I'm mistaken). I had to use the one from the previous version.

Also is there a way to combine quantity/stock with the attributes? like qtpro from example?

Γειa σου πaτριώτη...

The tbl_ajax.php is included in the ext/tbl/ so no need to be added in the catalog/admin.

Can I have some more info about quantity/stock with the attributes?

New feature: Change Product's Image

Have a look at the attached image:

post-284725-0-53690800-1383241007_thumb.jpg

You can easily change the product's image via drag & drop and select where to save that image.

All that via ajax, you just drag & drop and magically the image changes asap.

Do you want the feature to delete existing image after successfully uploading the new one?

Hi John,

Nice feature for images! As for your question delete Or not ... i can only answer by testing .. So my suggestion would be to upload your work so we can give you feedback!

Regards!

Alternative Administration System version: 0.2 just released.

You can download it from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8940

I have spend lots of my free time to develop it.

Thank you for using my addon.

Edited by burt
remove solicitation

Hi John,

When installing the new version do I have to remove the old one?

Hi Evgeni.

The new version relies on different files. For example. old version uses tbl.php and new aas.php

So you dont have to remove old version. You can have both. But I strongly recommend the use of the new version 0.2 instead of the old one.

Regards!

Edited by gadlol

Γειa σου Γιάννη

Bravo! Very, very nice Add-On.

I'm testing it right now on my local server (xampp) and it runs

smooth so far. The only problem i encountered is; when using firefox (ver. 25) the field menu (right side)

and the temporary menu (left side) won't appear when i click on the activation button.

I don't have that problem with IE10 or Chrome Browser.

Anyone else had the same issue? Or is it just my Browser?

Γειa σου Γιάννη

Bravo! Very, very nice Add-On.

I'm testing it right now on my local server (xampp) and it runs

smooth so far. The only problem i encountered is; when using firefox (ver. 25) the field menu (right side)

and the temporary menu (left side) won't appear when i click on the activation button.

I don't have that problem with IE10 or Chrome Browser.

Anyone else had the same issue? Or is it just my Browser?

I just test it with Firefox 25 (linux mint) and worked fine.