• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Alternative Administration System: Categories/Products

gadlol

Hello Evgeni, thank you for your good words.

It would be nice if there was such a feature.

In order for that to work you have to login to AAS and so AAS will check if time passed so to auto apply rule to attributes prices. Well that may be slow down AAS because it has to check every time for that. Another method is to do it manually. Open attributes list dialog for a product and check then the dates, but that has the disadvantage of later on may not know which products have that rule in their attributes....

So maybe for next AAS version if I have clear it in my mind and know exactly what to implement, then yes.

Check out the great Alternative Administration System addon for osCommerce!

• 1 month later...

Hello osCommerce users.

AAS is now "GitHubed". You can find the project here! You are free to report any issues e.t.c.

Plus I give you for free an AAS module "Products Attributes". You can get it http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9135

With that module you can easily submit and manage any product's attribute through an easy menu. Search for the product, and jump directly to the innovative Attribute Manager Screen.

John

Edited by burt
remove external links

• 3 months later...

I just found it!
It's a great job,

You have written your own CMS :)

thank you.

My addons:

Content Templates Manager :  http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9288

Admin side horizontal no javascript css menu: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8830

osCommerce Pagination using FOUND_ROWS: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9378

• 10 months later...

Hi John!
Well, first of all congratulations for your work. It's really, really great. I love it! Now, working with products/categories are much easier and faster.

I have some troubles, minor ones in anyway.

I use 2.3.4 BS Gold, with some addons insalled. Well, in fact a lot of them...  :D 
The most annoying is that I can't check on categories. And also, if I check to select all, it selects products, but not categories. I've tested it both in local and on my webserver.

My other two problems (I can live with them..) are:

· When exporting, it adds strange characters whith spanish letters or accents. I.e. "A Büg's Lifé eñe" appears as "A Büg's Lifé eñe". It happens when exports to CSV or Excel, but not if I export it to text...
· In settings, I can't have access to the sixth option that I see in your demo video. It seems that iti is neede for controlling admins, etc.

Again, thanks for your work!!!

Shopowner, not coder, experienced copypaster  :D

• 1 month later...

Hi John!

Well, first of all congratulations for your work. It's really, really great. I love it! Now, working with products/categories are much easier and faster.

I have some troubles, minor ones in anyway.

I use 2.3.4 BS Gold, with some addons insalled. Well, in fact a lot of them...  :D 

The most annoying is that I can't check on categories. And also, if I check to select all, it selects products, but not categories. I've tested it both in local and on my webserver.

My other two problems (I can live with them..) are:

· When exporting, it adds strange characters whith spanish letters or accents. I.e. "A Büg's Lifé eñe" appears as "A Büg's Lifé eñe". It happens when exports to CSV or Excel, but not if I export it to text...

· In settings, I can't have access to the sixth option that I see in your demo video. It seems that iti is neede for controlling admins, etc.

Again, thanks for your work!!!

Hi Agustin,

thank you for your kind words.

In the current Version of AAS there is no way to select categories and thats because there is not a need to check categories since there are not actually things to mass change  in a category.

If osc had categories status then it could be useful. But in the next version I will add support for categories selection just in case someone has installed categories status addon or categories seo description e.t.c.

About exporting: I ' ll have to double check that... (Although I am currently developing an AAS module that will do a better thing than the AAS core export mechanism)

About settings: The sixth option is only available for admin with id = 1. I coded like that because I want one admin to be the Master =, and so only him to have the ability to control what other admins can see - do with AAS. So in order to temporary fix that you can edit the administrations table and change the id to 1. (Note its a bit safe although its a primary key and thats because it is not connected with any other table.) In next version - update I will make the option visible only to the first admin found in the table administrators 

P.S. In a few days I will introduce a new page in the AAS website that will have the so far translated AAS files ( Spanish and Greek )

• 3 years later...

Looking for help with copying products to another category. I've used AAS for a while and really like it but when we copy products from one category to another it only copies over the main image. The alternate or large images aren't copied over. Anyone have experience with this or are we doing something wrong?

Thanks!

On 6/18/2019 at 8:18 PM, Cary said:

Looking for help with copying products to another category. I've used AAS for a while and really like it but when we copy products from one category to another it only copies over the main image. The alternate or large images aren't copied over. Anyone have experience with this or are we doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Hi @Cary ,

If it does not copy  the alternative images it is because I maybe had forgotten to implement that feature...

I will check that and respond back as soon as possible...

Sounds good. I noticed when we move a product from one category to another it moves the all the images as expected. Don't know if this is part of the same routine but I thought it might be helpful.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 11:13 PM, Cary said:

Any progress on the copy function copying the all the images instead of just the main? As I mentioned before, the move works as expected by the copy only copies the main image.

Thanks!

Cary

Hi Cary, please have a look at this:

Thank you..

Well that sucks. Dropped $50 on the add category and add product add-on license. I understand the need for income for past and future development but I'd at least hope the existing features work properly. I thought this add-on was a little quirky in the beginning but I've come to appreciate the complexity since we list the same products in multiple categories due to vehicle year. Can you at least provide a little direction on simply making the copy product work with all the images like the move product function works?

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, Denzel said:

I'm sorry, I can't download the paket. The domain is down... You may send the main file...

You can find it here: https://github.com/gadlol/alternative-administration-system