• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Alternative Administration System: Categories/Products

gadlol

@@gadlol

That all sounds fantastic! The image thing is really killing me right now but you seem to have the solution I am looking/hoping for.

I also eagerly look forward to the "add products" and "add categories" feature. (w00t)

I don't mean to pressure you but when do you plan to release your new version? Any date available?

I am afraid I cannot plan a release yet because I still develop things and I am not in a testing - debugging phase.

Although if anyone wants to help me by testing - debugging aas. I can provide beta versions of the 0.2.1 for testing. You ll just have to ask for it...

Check out the great Alternative Administration System addon for osCommerce!

I can provide beta versions of the 0.2.1 for testing. You ll just have to ask for it...

is this the one you send me the last time? (aas_v0.2.1_pre_release_beta)

Edited by Tsimi

• 2 weeks later...

A.A.S. is looking for Logo designers.

A.A.S. will be accepting logo concepts until June 5th for a logo design. All forum members are encouraged to participate in the logo design submissions on the Alternative Administration System's website.

The selected designer will receive the upcoming Add Product module for A.A.S. - FOR LIFE! All rules and contest regulations have been posted to the Alternative Administration System's website, and participation is not limited to one entry!

http://www.alternative-administration-system.com/aas-needs-a-logo

Hello John,

I started using the addon and it's great. But I have an issue.

1) When there is a product with lots of attributes, the price from the original OSCommerce back panel is not changing when I choose one of the attributes sizes/prices from the dropdown menu. So when a customer is buying that particular size it's not recognized in the checkout process. Is there a way I can fix that?

2) Is it possible to have a specials for just a couple attributes of a product, not all the attributes? It's good to have that option when there are leftovers.

Thank You!

Hello John,

I started using the addon and it's great. But I have an issue.

1) When there is a product with lots of attributes, the price from the original OSCommerce back panel is not changing when I choose one of the attributes sizes/prices from the dropdown menu. So when a customer is buying that particular size it's not recognized in the checkout process. Is there a way I can fix that?

2) Is it possible to have a specials for just a couple attributes of a product, not all the attributes? It's good to have that option when there are leftovers.

Thank You!

Hello Evgeni.

1) I dont know about that. A.A.S. just adds the appropriate values e.t.c. in db (just like default osc) and thats why the attributes dropdown gets displayed. Since you have that attributes displayed for a product it means that you have setup the attributes right. So, maybe the problem is elsewhere (than A.A.S.). Of course I'll double and triple check that.

2) How to accomplish that? You want a product to be special when user selects a specific attribute from the dropdown? Thats not a default feature of osc. Or it is?

Regards,

John Barounis

• 2 weeks later...

Well I can tell you that the latest changes are beyond AWESOME!!!!

I'm not sure when the website will be updated,

but the latest BETA was fairly stable with some very, very new features in the add-on modules. As for an eta, I would give it around 2 weeks. If worst comes to worst, I think he will be pushing the updated AAS engine minus some of the more buggy add-on modules.

The website generally has up to date info though...

http://www.alternative-administration-system.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello my friends.

After a long time I finally managed to release the Alternative Administration System version 0.3.

Check here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9135

Version 0.3 is completely revitalized. Lots of features have been added. Several bugs fixed and lots of code improvements.

Download: http://www.alternative-administration-system.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John

Did you ever encountered this error?

1054 - Unknown column 'skey' in 'where clause'

select * from aas_settings WHERE type='dcd' AND (skey='default_columns_display' OR skey='default_columns_display_per_admin')

Hi John

Did you ever encountered this error?

1054 - Unknown column 'skey' in 'where clause'

select * from aas_settings WHERE type='dcd' AND (skey='default_columns_display' OR skey='default_columns_display_per_admin')

Hi Lambro.

That error exist because of you having installed old db table aas_settings. In the latest release of AAS v0.3 I changed key to skey because some users had problem to make a backup of db table because key and group are reserved words from mysql. So just in case I decided to changed the key to skey and group to sgroup.

In order to fix that in your installation just delete the aas_settings table (AAS will prompt you to install it again) or just change the column fields names key to skey and group to sgroup.

Edited by gadlol

I wanted to get one of the modules, but I don't know how. I went to the website you listed, and I clicked on the Module, but it doesn't look like a store.

What do I do?

Edited by burt
commercial link

@@newburns I think you have to sign up to be a member - there is a link at the right of that page

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Hi John,

Can I share a thought I got?

If there are a lot of attributes in a product, is it possible the "Discount - Edit option prices" menu to be time managed? For example: All the attributes are with discount  -30% from 1 October until 30 October and after that period the prices are restored as they were before the discount.

I haven't made a donation yet. I want to, believe me. The money I'll make from my first sale are for the AAS. You deserve it !!!