• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Alternative Administration System: Categories/Products

gadlol

In 0.2.1 is there a add new product function included?

No. Its more complicated to be done via ajax because of the images and extra images upload...

That feature will be developed in a future version. When I have more time.

Check out the great Alternative Administration System addon for osCommerce!

Notes about AAS:

When you have enabled the manufacturers column display, then AAS queries all the available manufactures and cache them. So if you go back to the default osc and add new or edit the manufacturers, those changes will not appear in the AAS because of the cache. You must logout and then login again. I made it like this because I don't want on every page refresh AAS to call the select manufactures query.

The same thing happens with the tax_class_title

But in next version I will put an option in the config.php where you can disable cache or a button in the settings dialog which will clear that cache.

There is also a "small bug", which occurs when you have not select a manufacturer for a product and have enabled the manufacturers column display.

Those "manufacturer orphan products" wont be displayed by AAS (if you have enabled the column manufacturers).

Currently testing - debugging the AAS v0.2.1, If you want to test - debug it before I release it, contact me.

Thank you.

I have just installed your addon and I am getting an error for everything I try to do within the A.A.S. section. I get the following:

Error: cannot find language file:

ext/aas/languages/english/aas.php

However the file is in file manager in proper location. I went through all instruction again to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I have just installed your addon and I am getting an error for everything I try to do within the A.A.S. section. I get the following:

Error: cannot find language file:

ext/aas/languages/english/aas.php

However the file is in file manager in proper location. I went through all instruction again to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Hello Tracy.

This error occurs because you have selected a different default language other than english. If so that error occurs. So go back to the default osc admin panel and change your language to english and then go back to AAS.

I know its frustrating and in the newer version if you use a different language than default (english) and there is no language file for AAS then load the default english and not produce that error.

v0.2.1 progress info:

fixed almost every bug found.

Improved code.

Now you can set manufacturer to none and class tax to none.

In v0.2 when changing a setting on the fly it was stored in $_SESSION for example: $_SESSION['entriesPerPage'].

In v 0.2.1 all session variables are stored under $_SESSION['admin']['AAS'] for example: $_SESSION['admin']['AAS']['entriesPerPage'] that way when you logout those variables are unset.

Default language english is loaded when AAS cannot find a proper translation file.

Added products expected plugin as requested.

When version 0.2.1 will be released it will be also available in git.

Hello Tracy.

This error occurs because you have selected a different default language other than english. If so that error occurs. So go back to the default osc admin panel and change your language to english and then go back to AAS.

I know its frustrating and in the newer version if you use a different language than default (english) and there is no language file for AAS then load the default english and not produce that error.

I checked to make sure but I only have english. I am no expert but not a complete noob either and I can not figure this out. I even resaved english as the language just to be sure.

I checked to make sure but I only have english. I am no expert but not a complete noob either and I can not figure this out. I even resaved english as the language just to be sure.

Please find my skype_id from my profile page here at osc forum and contact me...

When you complete a search, you cannot tell what category that product can be found.

Yes that's true. I ll find a way to display that information. Perhaps you may have to click on a small icon to display a tooltip popup...

Popup works for me. To display the category it belongs to.

Will the new version have a different way of handling images? As you know, the default way is slow loading, and the addons available for thumbnailing do not work well in the administration side.

Popup works for me. To display the category it belongs to.

Will the new version have a different way of handling images? As you know, the default way is slow loading, and the addons available for thumbnailing do not work well in the administration side.

Perhaps I can build my own thumbnailer for making AAS loading images faster.

The thumbnails will be probably saved under admin/ext/aas/images/products/thumbs with the same filename but resized.

It would be much easier if by default osc used that feature. But....

Edited by gadlol

Well is there a way to make KISSit work for the OSC admin side? We got so far, it's just that the class does not create thumbnails for the admin side, but it does call it properly

Perhaps, it can be done... When I have free time, I ll have a look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

@@gadlol

Hope you enjoyed your HOLIDAYS

Almost got KISSit working, just need it to be able to create the thumbnails that are not already present for the administration side.

Also, would help for a different layout to load new attributes. Drop down for the + or - directly in front of the number. An autocomplete for 2 decimal places on the attribute change amount. I'm not sure what the button does under the Attribute Options selection. It is a toggle.

Make it more noticeable the "

Filename | Expiry days | Maximum download count"

It is hard to remember that when there are a lot of different attributes for a single product.

Disallow Duplicate Attributes. When you Add A New Attribute, it auto selects the first attribute available. Causes mistakes when you have 5 attributes and 3 end up being the same Attribute.

Edited by newburns

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Great admin system, I have installed it on my 2.3.3.4 store, on php 5.4.21 and it seems to be working great.

One thing that I cant seem to correct is the tax class dropdown, I use Taxable and non taxable - but the dropdown is only displaying the taxable option - Have I missed something here?

Please see screenshot below

Many Thanks

post-253268-0-90897200-1389726045_thumb.png

Edited by Mort-lemur

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Hi,

Great admin system, I have installed it on my 2.3.3.4 store, on php 5.4.21 and it seems to be working great.

One thing that I cant seem to correct is the tax class dropdown, I use Taxable and non taxable - but the dropdown is only displaying the taxable option - Have I missed something here?

Please see screenshot below

Many Thanks

Hello Heather...

That version 0.2 has some bugs that are fixed in 0.2.1.

Although 0.2.1 is not yet released I can send you the 0.2.1 files so you can test it, send me an email at jbqwerty at gmail.com or contact me at my skype: jei_baron

Thank you.

Thank you - version 0.2.1 solved the problem.

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

A.A.S. version 0.2.1. newest features:

Sort products attributes. (Requested by a user)

post-284725-0-98256200-1390400652_thumb.png

Extensions:

A.A.S. will have the ability to load extensions in order to extend its functionality.

Later I will provide a tutorial showing how to build your own extensions and embed them into A.A.S.

Stay tuned...

Will the order change the order on the Catalog Frontend?

No, this is only for admin section and its only for finding attributes easily when have lots of them and want to edit them.

If wanted to be able to change the order in the frontend then it needs additional code (in products_info.php and in aas and a new sort_order field in products attributes table).

I will probably implement this as an extension...

Hi,

Great admin system, I have installed it on my 2.3.3.4 store but there is some problem after and it doesnt work now.

Please advice me. problem is application_top.php

1327 - Undeclared variable: All

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS p2c.categories_id, p.*, pd.* , m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_id FROM manufacturers m, products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c WHERE m.manufacturers_id=p.manufacturers_id AND p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = 2 AND p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = 0 ORDER BY p.products_last_modified ASC LIMIT 0 , All

[TEP STOP]

Hi,

Great admin system, I have installed it on my 2.3.3.4 store but there is some problem after and it doesnt work now.

Please advice me. problem is application_top.php

1327 - Undeclared variable: All

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS p2c.categories_id, p.*, pd.* , m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_id FROM manufacturers m, products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c WHERE m.manufacturers_id=p.manufacturers_id AND p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = 2 AND p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = 0 ORDER BY p.products_last_modified ASC LIMIT 0 , All

[TEP STOP]

Hello Attila.

I assume you use the version 0.2 which has some bugs that are corrected in the upcoming version 0.2.1.

If you want I can send you the 0.2.1. beta so you can test it and report me any bugs found.

But I am curious that bug should not happen... SO, please contact me in my skype account or in my email to check - test it again together...

Thank you.