• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Alternative Administration System: Categories/Products

gadlol

Γειa σου πaτριώτη...

The tbl_ajax.php is included in the ext/tbl/ so no need to be added in the catalog/admin.

Can I have some more info about quantity/stock with the attributes?

Γειa σου πaτριώτη :)

You are right, tbl_ajax.php is included in the ext/tbl/ but if you add

define('FILENAME_TABLEDATA', 'tbl.php');

define('FILENAME_TBL_AJAX', 'tbl_ajax.php');

in admin/includes/filenames.php as the instructions say, won't it be looking for it in the catalog/admin? At least that's how I understand it, and if I remember, it didn't work completely without me copying the file there.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it doesn't really matter :)

--------

The way oscommerce works, you can add a stock quantity to a product. For example when you have a shirt you can add stock = 3. When you add attributes though, you can have a shirt with options "blue" "red" "green" (one of each = stock 3). When someone buys the green shirt, then the green shirt should be out of stock and the stock now should be 2. By default osscomerce can't do this. QTPRO (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7786) does that, and there is also an ajax attribute manager (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7786) that works along with QTPRO. I find these contributions too buggy and too difficult to use in an actual store with many products.

If you can add that to you system it would be amazing! Maybe a future addition :)

Γειa σου πaτριώτη :)

You are right, tbl_ajax.php is included in the ext/tbl/ but if you add

define('FILENAME_TABLEDATA', 'tbl.php');

define('FILENAME_TBL_AJAX', 'tbl_ajax.php');

in admin/includes/filenames.php as the instructions say, won't it be looking for it in the catalog/admin? At least that's how I understand it, and if I remember, it didn't work completely without me copying the file there.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it doesn't really matter :)

--------

The way oscommerce works, you can add a stock quantity to a product. For example when you have a shirt you can add stock = 3. When you add attributes though, you can have a shirt with options "blue" "red" "green" (one of each = stock 3). When someone buys the green shirt, then the green shirt should be out of stock and the stock now should be 2. By default osscomerce can't do this. QTPRO (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7786) does that, and there is also an ajax attribute manager (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7786) that works along with QTPRO. I find these contributions too buggy and too difficult to use in an actual store with many products.

If you can add that to you system it would be amazing! Maybe a future addition :)

Hello vourlismene eptanhsie Kerkyraie (to Vourlismenos emeis oi eptanhsioi to leme, egw apo Zakyntho)

Forget about tbl.php and tbl_ajax.php that's the old version of A.A.S. , in the new one there's only one main file ( aas.php ) that needs to be added to filenames.php

As for the stock quantity it will be hopefully added in the 0.3 version.

Check out the great Alternative Administration System addon for osCommerce!

Hello vourlismene eptanhsie Kerkyraie (to Vourlismenos emeis oi eptanhsioi to leme, egw apo Zakyntho)

Forget about tbl.php and tbl_ajax.php that's the old version of A.A.S. , in the new one there's only one main file ( aas.php ) that needs to be added to filenames.php

As for the stock quantity it will be hopefully added in the 0.3 version.

stin idia geitonia kai oi dio :)

Yeah don't worry about the files, it works for me anyway :)

If you can pull this off, then oscommerce should replace their product/categories admin with yours :)

Very well done!!!

stin idia geitonia kai oi dio :)

Yeah don't worry about the files, it works for me anyway :)

If you can pull this off, then oscommerce should replace their product/categories admin with yours :)

Very well done!!!

:) , Thank you Dimitri!

John, ive read thru this thread. Let me ask you a couple questions. I am a new user (2 months) to oscommerce.

1. im stupid when it comes to php or anything really when it comes to changing the stores operations with file/code changes. We have a clothing store that has 500 articles of clothing, the only attribute we use at this time is size, in oscommerce it usually wont list the proper order of sizes. We offer small, medium, large, extra large and 2 extra large. By the time we get thru entering those one clothing article at a time and go back to look at the page they will be out of order, some will start with small, while others start with mediums or the other sizes, its very erratic in the sort order, it doesnt look good to us or customers, will your add-on fix this problem?

2. How difficult is it to install for the new/stupid user?

3. we have an existing store as stated above, will your add-on change or mess up what work we have done in the attribute section? I say the sizes are not sorted in order but truthfully probably half are and half are not, id hate to have to go back and do every article of clothing again.

4. Is there a very steep learning curve to use your addon?

Please let me know the answers to these questions, i would really enjoy downloading and using your addon and even donating some cash to you for your work. Thank you

Edited by kenneth59

it worked now.

i cleared the "recent history" and restarted the browser and it worked. :sweating:

so it was my browser that had a hiccup, sorry.

Hi John,

great work :-)

Unfortunately, my Firefox 25 (Windows 8.1) also does not open the menus on the right and left side. And clearing all the history and restart did not solve the problem. IE works fine.

Any idea?

Regards,

Hermann

@@Hermann

Did you clear everything?

History -> clear recent history -> Time range to clear choose "everything"

make sure that everything is checked.

browsing & download history

form & search history

cookies

cache

active logins

offline website data

site preferences

i think the cache and cookies part is the most important but to just make sure i cleared everything.

in the other hand, it is the admin area and customers don't have access to that so why not use an other browser to work with?

i've tested it with fire fox, chrome and IE10 just to see if there are any bugs so i can help gadlol to improve his add-on but i don't "need" to work

in AAS with firefox necessarily.

John, ive read thru this thread. Let me ask you a couple questions. I am a new user (2 months) to oscommerce.

1. im stupid when it comes to php or anything really when it comes to changing the stores operations with file/code changes. We have a clothing store that has 500 articles of clothing, the only attribute we use at this time is size, in oscommerce it usually wont list the proper order of sizes. We offer small, medium, large, extra large and 2 extra large. By the time we get thru entering those one clothing article at a time and go back to look at the page they will be out of order, some will start with small, while others start with mediums or the other sizes, its very erratic in the sort order, it doesnt look good to us or customers, will your add-on fix this problem?

2. How difficult is it to install for the new/stupid user?

3. we have an existing store as stated above, will your add-on change or mess up what work we have done in the attribute section? I say the sizes are not sorted in order but truthfully probably half are and half are not, id hate to have to go back and do every article of clothing again.

4. Is there a very steep learning curve to use your addon?

Please let me know the answers to these questions, i would really enjoy downloading and using your addon and even donating some cash to you for your work. Thank you

Hello Kenneth.

First of all my addon does not change the default osc "features" it just enhances some and adds some new, such as copying attributes form a product to all products under a category and/or subcategories.

You say "in oscommerce it usually wont list the proper order of sizes" that means that you have to somehow alter the products_info attributes queries so you can have the desired result.

I installed in my locally store small, medium, large, extra large and 2 extra large sizes and worked fine on me.

If you need any help please find my skype_id from my profile here in osc forum and we can see what we can do about it.

I made A.A.S. so it is easy for non code familiar users to install it. You just have to upload some files and edit 2 osc files. Again if you need help just tell me.

My addon will not change or mess up what work you have done. Thats because it has its own page, the only things it requires from the osc admin is the application_top.php

Hi John,

great work :-)

Unfortunately, my Firefox 25 (Windows 8.1) also does not open the menus on the right and left side. And clearing all the history and restart did not solve the problem. IE works fine.

Any idea?

Regards,

Hermann

Hello Hermann.

I have not test A.A.S. with windows 8.1

A.A.S. makes use of browsers local storage for saving the width of left and right panels and height of bottom panel.

That is because I made them resizable, so you can click on the edge and resize. SO perhaps it has stored a low width value.

Can you please try resize panels instead of clicking the icons that open the panels?

If the above not works clear your browser's local storage.

And if again the above does not work, find my skype_id from my profile here in osc forum and call me to see what we can do about it.

I tried to install this last night (Osc 2.3.3) and nothing happened. My admin page remained the same. I even double-checked to be sure that I added everything correctly. Any ideas on what may have gone wrong?

Hello Danielle...

Try to replace in your browsers admin section the index.php to aas.php and press enter.

For example:

to: http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/admin/aas.php

If that dont work please find my skype_id from my profile page in osc forum here and contact me.

hi john

i have about 5 osC stores (ver. 2.3.3.4) installed locally (XAMP) and in all of them i installed your great add-on.

in the last two installations i have encountered a error message inside the left Temp Product's list box/area

Warning: mysqli_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, null given in C:\Users\Lambros Tsimitselis\Music\xampp\htdocs\testshop\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 103

the line 103 inside database.php says following:

102. function tep_db_fetch_array($db_query) {

103. return mysqli_fetch_array($db_query, MYSQLI_ASSOC);

104. }

i didn't had this problem before with the other 3 installations. what could be the cause for this message?

Edited by Tsimi

hi john

i have about 5 osC stores (ver. 2.3.3.4) installed locally (XAMP) and in all of them i installed your great add-on.

in the last two installations i have encountered a error message inside the left Temp Product's list box/area

Warning: mysqli_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, null given in C:\Users\Lambros Tsimitselis\Music\xampp\htdocs\testshop\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 103

the line 103 inside database.php says following:

102. function tep_db_fetch_array($db_query) {

103. return mysqli_fetch_array($db_query, MYSQLI_ASSOC);

104. }

i didn't had this problem before with the other 3 installations. what could be the cause for this message?

Hello Lambro.

That bug has been fixed.

Please download the the bug fixes zip from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8940 You ' ll just have to replace a couple of files and thats it.

Or you can download the full package from www.alternative-administration-system.com which also contains this bug fixed.

Thank you.

Hi John,

First of all, well done on a fantastic add-on!

I modified the configuration options per your installation instructions and am unable to view/edit any product description. This is what is displayed:

<button data-productname="1950s Vintage Plastic charm bracelet Blue Green" id="trigger_65" title="View/edit description" class="descriptionbutton">View/edit</button>

Also, the URL field does not display the existing URL for each product and also does not appear to be editable.

Any suggestions on what I can change for these fields?

Much appreciated.

Joe

Hi John,

First of all, well done on a fantastic add-on!

I modified the configuration options per your installation instructions and am unable to view/edit any product description. This is what is displayed:

<button data-productname="1950s Vintage Plastic charm bracelet Blue Green" id="trigger_65" title="View/edit description" class="descriptionbutton">View/edit</button>

Also, the URL field does not display the existing URL for each product and also does not appear to be editable.

Any suggestions on what I can change for these fields?

Much appreciated.

Joe

Hello Joe.

Please find my skype_id from my osc forum profile and contact me so we can figure it out.

Perhaps you have done something wrong with the configuration options...

Hello.

Superb add-on

Taking any special requests?

Will there be any product creation for the future releases?

Will there be any downloadable content management for attributes for future releases?

Again, great product. Works perfectly for me!

Hello.

Superb add-on

Taking any special requests?

Will there be any product creation for the future releases?

Will there be any downloadable content management for attributes for future releases?

Again, great product. Works perfectly for me!

Hello Ray.

Thank you!

"Taking any special requests?" of course

Yes in the future there will be product creation and probably a downloadable content management for attributes.

@@gadlol

Have you had a chance to think about my offer for a downloadable content management for attributes?

Did you come up with a final cost?

My idea was to have this implemented on the standard adminstration side, but I like A.A.S. much better

@@gadlol

Have you had a chance to think about my offer for a downloadable content management for attributes?

Did you come up with a final cost?

My idea was to have this implemented on the standard adminstration side, but I like A.A.S. much better

Hello Ray.

Sorry for not answering sooner on your question. You see i am extremely busy right now.

I wish I knew about downloadable content management for attributes sooner. I would have implemented it.

So, as i have understand you need on the popup attributes dialog some new fields on each row:

Filename

Expiry Days

Maximum download count

As for the filename i have in mind a dragndrop system where you drag n drop a file lets say an mp3 and the file name is added automatically in the field upon drop. Or maybe use a file selector.

As far as, your request for a discount coupon system, i have to say that it would be great. but since lack of time it will be implemented in the next major version 0.3 and it will probably be free for everyone.

The downloadable content management will also be free since its something that it should have come along with AAS 0.2

I cannot guarantee that the downloadable content management for attributes will be ready tomorrow or the day after tomorrow or in a week or in a month because of lack of my free time.

So to summarize: before version 0.3 there will be a version 0.2.1 which will include the downloadable content management for attributes, some bug fixes, better translation and more languages.

I wish I had more time.

Thank you.

:

: