• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

stop the emails of this addon

Hi

My customer has got the following add on installed but she says is getting loads of emails every day, she said in a space of 3 hours she has had 20 emails from this add on

Is there a way to stop the emails being sent or slow them down or send them to a txt file instead

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8217

Kind regards

Ian

So these are legitimate intrusion attempt warning emails, but there are so many of them that they're overwhelming? I'd first see if this add-on can be configured to ignore some/most of these cases that aren't really serious. That's a judgement call. If the email volume is still too high, it ought to be possible to find where it's mailing a report, and just append that text to a server file instead. Once or twice a day, on a "cron job", see if the log file has content (non-zero size), and if it does, email it to the admin (simply "cat" the file), then empty out the file. This should all be possible with a "bash script" running on the server (Linux only -- maybe something similar can be done with Windows).

Thank you for the replies, appreciate it and the info Phil

Cause I spotted after that no one has posted in it since January 2013 so was not sure if it was still active anymore

Archived