• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping cost per category

zs1otb

My problem:

I'm from South Africa and on my site we make use of the South African Post Office to ship the items.

I have a number of various categories each with products but where the weight differs between items of the various categories. There are even electronic items which is to be downloaded and where there is no shipping cost.

As an example: The one categery is aromatic candles and these weigh approx 250g per candle. Another category is CD's and DVD's where the items weight approx 100 g each.

With the Post Offcie there is a specific rate for parcels up to 1kg which means that with candles you can ship up to 4 units per parcel. With the CD's that becomes up to 10 units.

With the rate tale facility I cannot allocated different table rates to each category, or I cannot see how to do it.

To compound the problem. When items has to be shipped outside of South Africa then international carriers come into play such as UPS or DHL. This is another solution which I'm looking at.

Is there a way to get around this in a simple way?

I have thought about a solution as it would be nice to have more than one Table Rate available, but it seems as if I can only activate one module of a kind.

Any ideas please.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Isn't that just simple table rate shipping by weight ?

I don't see the issue, that is what I use, and setup different countries with their weight based rates.

additionally, copying the flat rate module, you can duplicate it and set it up with the rates of another carrier

I have the zones shipping module code actually three times, belgian post, (national) dutch post (internationally) and dpd (national & international)

Edited by bruyndoncx

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 3 weeks later...