osCommerce

The e-commerce.

standard payment versus express checkout

alexman

OSC 2.3.3.

I already setup succesfully for my store:

PayPal Website Payments Standard and

PayPal Express Checkout

When the client want to pay, he can choice between the 2 options above, which they appear like this:

PayPal (including Credit and Debit Cards) and

PayPal (including Credit and Debit Cards)

1.My question is, why is the same name and it doesn't appear any diference between that 2 methods?

2.I've read that for express checkout is not necessary a paypal account. Despite of this, the method ask for paypal account.Why?

3.Is any other method for customer to pay through paypal with credit card, but without to create an paypal account?

Edited by alexman

Hi Alex,

Normally you do not need an account anymore to pay with paypal with either of the x 2 paypal options.

You actually never did just PayPal hid the option on the login screen to gain more registered users.

I do believe though that this is country specific with probably Europe and USA being ok but maybe problems with other country's.

As regards PayPal (including Credit and Debit Cards) Yes noticed myself should read PayPal express this can be changed in language folder.

Regards Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Hi Alex,

Normally you do not need an account anymore to pay with paypal with either of the x 2 paypal options.

You actually never did just PayPal hid the option on the login screen to gain more registered users.

I do believe though that this is country specific with probably Europe and USA being ok but maybe problems with other country's.

As regards PayPal (including Credit and Debit Cards) Yes noticed myself should read PayPal express this can be changed in language folder.

Regards Joli

They hide the direct credit card options but even there they ask for paypal account:

"Choose a way to pay:

1.Pay with my PayPal account

2.Create a PayPal account

And pay with your debit or credit card.With a PayPal account, you don't need to re-enter your card details each time you pay. "

I succeded to change the second text PayPal (including Credit and Debit Cards).

Many many thanks for your help.