• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error 500 - Create Account PHP File

SpinerC

Hello,

Yesterday I wanted to add a line into the Greeting E-mail that new/perspective customers receive, offering them a coupon code for their first purchase. I went to the "create account php" file and found the appropriate place to enter it. Entered the text only... created an account, received the new email message. And then retested by deleting my account and then attempting to sign up again... when I did, I received the following message...

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.diamondsahara.ca/create_account.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Error code: 500

Here is a copy of the code, I removed the single line I had added... if you can see where I may have messed something up and can please point me to it, I would be greatful!!

define('EMAIL_WELCOME', 'We welcome you to <strong>' . STORE_NAME '</strong>. ' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'You can now take part in the <strong>various services</strong> we have to offer you. Some of these services include:' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Permanent Cart</strong> - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' . "\n" . '<li><strong>Address Book</strong> - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.' . "\n" . '<li><strong>Order History</strong> - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.' . "\n" . '<li><strong>Products Reviews</strong> - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_CONTACT', 'For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_WARNING', '<strong>Note:</strong> This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n");
?>

Thank you

Char :)

I don't see mention of the coupon. I see html mistakes (no ul or closing li) but I wouldn't think they would cause such an error. Does the failure go away if you remove your change. What does the code look like without your change?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't see mention of the coupon. I see html mistakes (no ul or closing li) but I wouldn't think they would cause such an error. Does the failure go away if you remove your change. What does the code look like without your change?

Hi Jack.... the above was the posting restored, I removed the line that had the coupon code but, the create a page would not work, it was as simple as a "." being in the wrong place, one too many spaces... working fine now.

Thank you so much for the speedy response.

Char ♥

Here is my Account Creation File....

<?php
 /*
   $Id: create_account.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
   http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2013 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
 */

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Create an Account');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'My Account Information');

define('TEXT_ORIGIN_LOGIN', '<font color="#FF0000"><small><strong>NOTE:</strong></font></small> If you already have an account with us, please login at the <a href="%s"><u>login page</u></a>.');

define('EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Welcome to ' . STORE_NAME);
 define('EMAIL_GREET_MR', 'Dear Mr. %s,' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_GREET_MS', 'Dear Ms. %s,' . "\n\n");
 define('EMAIL_GREET_NONE', 'Dear %s' . "\n\n");
 define('EMAIL_WELCOME', 'We Welcome you to <strong>' . STORE_NAME . '</strong>.' . "\n\n");
 define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'As a New Account Holder, we would like you to enjoy a 15 Percent Discount on your first purchase.  Add the items you want to your cart, hit checkout and when you see the  Discount Code box, enter 15OFF and it will be automatically discounted.  You can now take part in the <strong>various services</strong> we have to offer you.' . "\n\n" .
'Also, we do random FREE Draws for Product from our Facebook Page.  To be eligible, you must be Subscribed to the Newsletter and Like our FB Page.  Log into your account, scroll down to the E-mail Preference Section and click on the link for the Newsletter and make sure you are subscribed.' . "\n\n" . 
'Some of our services include:' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Permanent Cart</strong> - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' . "\n" . '<li><strong>Address Book</strong> - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.' . "\n" . '<li><strong>Order History</strong> - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.' . "\n" . '<li><strong>Products Reviews</strong> - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_CONTACT', 'Thank you for signing up with Diamond Sahara, if I can be of any assistance, please contact me: ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_WARNING', '<strong>Note:</strong> We will NEVER ask you for any financial information, we will never sell, share or in any manner use any of the information you have provided us in your account for any purpose other than contact from Diamond Sahara.  This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n");
?> 

And here is the Account Creation Success File... for the life of me, I can not find the error as to why its not working... and I have The Mini Template System if that matters.

<?php
/*
 $Id$
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com
 Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce
 Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
define('NAVBAR_TITLE_1', 'Create an Account');
define('NAVBAR_TITLE_2', 'Success');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Your Account Has Been Created!');
define('TEXT_ACCOUNT_CREATED', 'Congratulations! Your new account has been successfully created! You can now take advantage of member priviledges to enhance your online shopping experience with us. If you have <small><strong>ANY</strong></small> questions about the operation of this online shop, please email the <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">store owner</a>.<br /><br />A confirmation has been sent to the provided email address. If you have not received it within the hour, please <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">contact us</a>.');
?>

Thank you thank you thank you for any help you can provide... I am completely sapped out... so any help is greatly appreciated.

Char ♥

Archived