• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

international postage

Hi

I am trying to work out how to have my website just show international postage option if the user is from abroad

I have duplicated the flat rate module and renamed it international

I have installed the module ok in modules --> shipping

In locations/taxes I made a new tax zone called international shipping and in there set it to all countries

Then in the international shipping module, I set the shipping zone to international shipping thinking that if say a user was in France, the international shipping rate would only show up but is not when I created a account and put France as my country and put something in the shopping cart and got to the postage part of the checkout

It works when I made a account and put UK as my country, the international postage dont show as I made the flat rate one only show when a user is from the UK

Not sure where I have gone wrong to be honest as did it the same way as the flat rate

Been playing around with it and it shows up if I set the international shipping to just France in the tax zones but don't show up as soon as I set it to all countries in the tax zones

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Ian

It's ok done it, I done some looking around the forum and found out I had to add each country individually rather than just select all countries

Does it matter if the customer is from abroad, shipping their purchase home, or they're in the UK, shipping to outside the country? In either case, you're making use of the UK Postal Service to ship, the recipient is out of the country, and you're the one directly paying the Postal Service to do the shipping. I would think you're complicating it far more than you need to. Besides, some UK-resident customers are going to want to ship to outside the country, so they'll need the International rates anyway.

The royal mail modules all come with a wide range of RM services, including two zones for international deliveries. If you use RM for you deliveries why not use them on your site. A search through the addons will find them.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived