• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Development] USPS Shipping Module

kymation

Too late ... they know ... o:)

Your file works on my site! It looks a lot more correct than what's returned from that USPS Methods 6 utility file. That gave stuff like "First Class Package Service" that doesn't exist anymore, etc. I think that was what was blowing it up.

Tried some different destination zips and countries - it looks like it all works.

oops it didn't run on my box. could be the osCmax I run.. not sure..

Changed the XXXX to my ID (yes on a production server) changed to my home zip and a VA zip -- nothing else changed..

loaded to catalog root /shoppe/

results:

Warning: require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSdownloads_controller.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/[uSER]/public_html/shoppe/includes/functions/general.php on line 1385

Warning: require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSdownloads_controller.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/[uSER]/public_html/shoppe/includes/functions/general.php on line 1385

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSdownloads_controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/[uSER]/public_html/shoppe/includes/functions/general.php on line 1385

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

The test file doesn't call on a lot of the osCommerce include files because it doesn't need them. Apparently part of your osCmax does need those defines. As a quick fix, find this code:

// Include the osC files we need

and add this line just after that:

// Include the osC files we need
require_once 'includes/configure.php';

Regards

JIm

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

That's the array (or arrays, since there should be four) that will be used to build the list of services to install. If there's one that you need that is not showing up on your array, now would be a good time to mention that.

Regards

Jim

On the weight limits: We use them to limit the options the customer has from which to select. For example, we set a minimum and maximum weights so that the customer will not see more than one flat rate packaging choice. (With this customer's products, the weight serves as a good substitute for physical size of the products.) We use max weight on small flat rate box of 1.5lbs. Minimum weight on larger flat rate box is 1.6lbs.

So, even though the flat-rate boxes are supposed to ship anything that will fit in them, we force a larger flat-rate box when the customer has ordered enough items that they won't fit in a small flat rate box. If it's over 1.5 pounds, it goes in the larger box. (If the total shipment is over 1.5 pounds, we know that they ordered enough items that they won't fit in the small box!)

I plan to keep the min-max weights and handling per service that the USPS Rates V4 Intl Rates V2 module has. You're not the first person to find that useful.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

Count me in for testing. This issue has been driving us crazy. We use MVS across about 200 web stores... Your proposed solution would be extremely valuable.

Best

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

A rate change alone won't break any of the existing modules. However, USPS seems to not be content with just rate changes, and changes other parts of the API as well. That's when the fun starts.

I have a working skeleton of a module. My intention was to finish the two-stage installer and release that for everyone to play with. It requires modification to admin/modules.php, which is unfortunate but apparently unavoidable. It does allow us to do all sorts of fun things in the second pass though. Expect that in the next couple of weeks.

Regards

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Never mind. It was a corrupted file. Oh well, at least you know I'm working on this.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

I've uploaded a new package with the adaptive installer. This is a very basic module -- it'll install and that's it. It will give you a look at the installer, which is not a bad idea if you want to check whether I've left out your favorite configuration option. Please do.

As before, you will need a valid USPS Web Tools User ID to install this module. You can leave the rest of the options alone or change them as you want. The services will not appear until after you save your edits. You can then edit a second time and chose your services.

The installer contacts the USPS server after you edit and click Save the first time. My tests show this takes around 15-20 seconds. I would be interested to know how long yours takes.

You may have to change the Test Destination Zip to get the Regional services to appear. Check with the USPS if you need to know which areas are available.

All suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

Now this is fun. Apparently USPS has pulled another update without telling anyone. Or somebody slipped up. I was working on the module and started getting several services similar to

Priority Mail Express 2-Day<sup>#8482;</sup> Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Boxes

Sunday/Holiday Delivery? I thought only Amazon got those rates. Hmmm....

Regards

Jim

They don't seem to have changed any of the existing services, as far as I can tell. They have added five new ones. I didn't get any notice, and a quick look at the web site doesn't turn up anything past the July update. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.

Regards

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

All rates and services are returned from the USPS API, so the module will support them if/when USPS returns them.

I don't know what triggers the Commercial Base and Commercial Plus discounts. Do you have an API guide for those?

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Jim

If you need a tester let me know.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I'll post here when I have something worth testing. Progress on this is slower than I would like, but I'm still working on it whenever I have the time to spare.

Regards

Jim

Still checking in every once in awhile ...

It's too bad that USPS is becoming so complex with their collection of rates and services. I've only ever used 4 or 5 of their services in my store, but those are absolutely critical.

I'm still working on this whenever I can find some time. There hasn't been much of that lately. I'm hoping to get more free time now the holidays are over.

I think USPS is hurting themselves with these frequent service changes. I have no idea what they are thinking.

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...