• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database Manager not working!

Eaviator

Greetings gang,

In an effort to get my site all cleaned up and working properly again I've run into a problem. Although I'm currently using osC ver. 2.3.1, I've found that my Database Manager won't back up the site (despite having the appropriate file in admin and the config files set properly). This is the error message I'm getting:

Error: Backup directory does not exist. Please set this in configure.php.

Any idea's what file might be doing this to me, as I've already insured that there is a backups file in the admin section (admin/backups), the folder permissions are set to 777 (so they're writable) and the config files point to the right folder as well....what's going on...sigh

IN any case thanks a bunch as usual gang, you're great!

Cheers,

Eaviator

777 isn't necessarily writable. Many servers have security software which bars access to "world writable" files (xx6) and directories (xx7). Always start with 755. If that's not writable, try 775. Only as a last resort try 777.

• 3 weeks later...

Oop's... maybe I'm not quite so sure about the config.php file pointing to the backups directory properly. What should the config.php file have in it pointing to the backup anyway?

BTW I've gone up a version (to 2.3.2) and am working on getting 2.3.3 installed by later on today so I can make sure the security of my site is top-drawer. However, I'm still plagued with this issue of no database backup? Can anyone point out where I'm failing here...thanks gang, hope you're all having a great day!

Eaviator....sigh

Lost in the wired world

Hmm. Confirm that you didn't overwrite your ADMIN configure.php with your CATALOG (store) configure.php. They're very different, and the ADMIN version defines

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

Do you have that line, and, DIR_FS_ADMIN is also defined correctly?

Archived