Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
powerpig

Help PLEASE - EU Cookies law/MODULE/...

Hi to all of you.

First of all I would like to say I AM SORRY to bother you but I'm just helping my friend out so please accept my apology. Browsing forum(s), google,... No luck what to do. :(

As we all know now we have this fine EU law about accepting/rejecting cookies when we visit our web sites.

He also own one PrestaShop and I managed that easily but oscommerce... Just don't know what to do, where to find or buy module if it's not free,...

PLEASE HELP US OUT! :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH and greetings from Slovenia. :thumbsup:

I use this one, and it works on both 2.2 and 2.3 stores

http://cookieguard.eu/

Dont forget you also need to list your sites cookies in your privacy policy page.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Before installing the official version of oscommerce first look at a responsive version here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

It is not necessary to inform visitors about cookies that are essential to the function of the site (such as maintaining the session connection). If you have not added anything else using cookies to osC, you are fine. On the other hand, if you add something like (?) Google Adwords, which uses a tracking cookie, that's what the law requires you to inform visitors about and ask permission to use. The law is intended to protect visitors from an invasion of privacy by the use of tracking cookies.

If you came late to the party and have no idea what add-ons (with cookies) are being used, something like cookieguard may be necessary.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get (stable) Frozen or (unstable) Edge. See also the naming convention and the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release