• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving banner from footer to header

zefeena

I'm having a really hard time with this. I do not want to use the banner rotator, far to complicated. I use the banner manager and it suits my needs, however, it shows at the bottom of the page - so no -one will see it! I have moved it on my old site, but the code is different now and try as I do I cannot get it to work. This is my catalog/includes/header.html

*/

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {

echo '<div class="grid_24">' . $messageStack->output('header') . '</div>';

}

?>

<div id="header" class="grid_24">

<div id="storeLogo"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></div>

<div id="headerShortcuts">

<?php

echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS . ($cart->count_contents() > 0 ? ' (' . $cart->count_contents() . ')' : ''), 'cart', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART)) .

tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT, 'triangle-1-e', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL')) .

tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT, 'person', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF, null, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'));

}

?>

</div>

This is my footer.html

*/

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');

?>

<div class="grid_24 footer">

<p align="center"><?php echo FOOTER_TEXT_BODY; ?></p>

</div>

<?php

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {

?>

<div class="grid_24" style="text-align: center; padding-bottom: 20px;">

<?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?>

</div>

<?php

}

?>

can someone tell me exactly what portion of the footer goes into the header and the exact position?

I have tried all sorts, resulting in anything from errors, overlapping text, loss of my side columns etc

I'm at a loss! I use the banner to inform people of proposed shut downs and having the banner at the bottom is simply not visible

Thank you

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

<?php
?>
<div style="text-align: center;">
</div>
<?php
}
?>

You need to make a space in the header using the 960 grid system, is the easiest way.

Anyone could help me? Thanks a lot.

The banner is not displayed on my web shop skytechking.com. i have chosen the banner group"480x50", but it still doesn't show, it shows in the bottom.

I restore the original file footer.php, the banner area goes blank, it still shows in the bottom.

i edit footer.php

<?php

?>

<br>

to

<?php

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', 'banners')) {

?>

<br>

the banner still doesn't show correctly.

My footer.php code is

<?php

/*

$Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

//require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');

?>

<?php

?>

<div class="grid_24" style="text-align: center; padding-bottom: 20px;">

</div>

<?php

}

?>

<script type="text/javascript">

$('.productListTable tr:nth-child(even)').addClass('alt');

</script>

Any one could help me? or tell me how to make the banner show. Thanks very much.

Juby

Archived