• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Were do I find the best free templates/themes ?

TheBest

Hello you experts.

I am struggling to find some good free templates/themes for version 2.3.x

I have googled and googled and found some and also a lot of dead links....

Do any of you have a favorite free template site to recommend ?

Thanks a lot.

Petter

Just remember 'You get what you pay for'. Some templates are badly or poorly coded and could cause you some further pain and headaches when you try to add some more features from the addons area.as the template may have changed parts of the code..

Once you add a template you may get little help and support on these forums as this forum is for oscommerce as supplied by oscommerce.

Its not too hard to modify a standard setup of oscommerce to look nice. Have you read the 'how do I' thread within these forums, it is full of help about canging and customising oscommerce.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

See links in my signature for "DIY" guides, or buy an updated commercial template...

If free is the only option,. then your search should start and end here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/category/Templates_and_Themes

@@TheBest

There is no such thing as free. Either the template is going to cost you money, or it's going to cost you time. Either way, you will pay for it.

Chris

hmmm....I understand.

So what you guys suggest is to either use some time on making my own template (modify the standard template) or buy a commercial made template ?

I find the price of templates quite expensive though. Very often around 100 dollars or more.

You could take a look what the osCommerce partners have to offer, there is a template section

There is a series of very affordable templates available and a system to let you setup your own look, both solutions are well supported by their creators

I find the price of templates quite expensive though. Very often around 100 dollars or more.

I would think that 100 dollars is cheap to brand your business. Some businesses spend millions doing this. 100 dollars spent on a design which if it was good, would recoup you your money quickly. If you had a bricks and morter store would you pay 100 dollars to paint the inside and outside and add fixtures and fittings. I expect in reallity you would spend a lot more.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question.... how the hell do i edit the template that comes with osCommerce? I can't find anything anywhere to change anything! ugh! If i can't sort this out I may have to delete the whole thing and find another way to sell my bits n bobs! :'(