• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Superfish Categories Box

Good :thumbsup: there are various versions of jquery important is that the jquery version called in template top (both admin and frontend) actually exists in the exe folders redmond etc

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

I had this add-on installed a few months ago and works great - www.nontando.com (left side menu)

However today I added a new category and although it appears in my top menu, it does not appear in my left sided menu (i.e. superfish cat. box). I then deleted a category from admin, and for some reason this still appears in the left menu. It looks like anything I change re. categories does not get reflected in the left menu. Almost seems like it has been hardcoded. I did not install this but if someone can give me an idea where to check that will be appreciated

Regards

Gary

Hi ,

Remember superfish makes a cache so sometimes to see your changes the cache has to be emptied .

The cache can be found in catalog/includes/work/ although on some hosts this may be different I believe

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

@@bksbeat Don't turn on cache if you don't absolutely require the speed improvement. It causes lots of complications like this.

If you do need the cache, your other menu needs to be cached as well. It sounds like that's not happening.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks for that .

I have just upgraded to 2.3.3.4 and find now that when I install Superfish Categories Box that Nivo slider doesn't function correctly, It just shows the images one under the other, and also on clicking on a image in the poduct page instead of opening on a "transperant" backgroun the image opens in another window with a black background. This has only happened since installing the addon so I must have to cange a file or two somewhere.

Although I haven't yet done update Error - SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list in firefox browser but I doubt this would change anything

Any thhoghts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Grandpa

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have used this superfish categories addon. I am also using All products Seo which places this code in bm_categories.php

Can you please let me know where I should place it in bm_categories_superfish.php. Thank you.

/**** BEGIN ALL PRODUCTS SEO ****/
  $categories_string .= '<br><div id=\'infoBoxLinkWrapper\'><a class=\'infoBoxLink allproductsBox\' href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO, '', 'NONSSL') . '" title="'  . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_CATEGORIES . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_CATEGORIES . '</a></div>';
  if (ALL_PRODUCTS_SEO == 'true' && ALL_PRODUCTS_SEO_DISPLAY_PRICE_LIST == 'true') {
	 $categories_string .= '<div id=\'infoBoxLinkWrapper\'><a class="allproductsBox" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO_PRICE_LIST, '', 'NONSSL') . '" title="'  . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_PRICE_LIST . '"><nobr>' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_PRICE_LIST . '</nobr></a></div>';
  }
  /**** END ALL PRODUCTS SEO ****/

You can't just drop it in. The code is too different. Try this instead -- find this code:

$output .= '  </ul>' . PHP_EOL;

return $output;

and add this just above it:

/**** BEGIN ALL PRODUCTS SEO ****/
         $output .= '<li><a class=\'infoBoxLink allproductsBox\' href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO, '', 'NONSSL') . '" title="'  . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_CATEGORIES . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_CATEGORIES . '</a></li>';
         if (ALL_PRODUCTS_SEO == 'true' && ALL_PRODUCTS_SEO_DISPLAY_PRICE_LIST == 'true') {
                $output .= '<li><a class="allproductsBox" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO_PRICE_LIST, '', 'NONSSL') . '" title="'  . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_PRICE_LIST . '"><nobr>' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_PRICE_LIST . '</nobr></a></li>';
         }
         /**** END ALL PRODUCTS SEO ****/

Regards

Jim

I have been trying for the past few days to figure out why my subcategories open below and on top of other categories, instead of opening towards the right.

I have upgraded my jquery files and also downloaded the jquery migrate file following your instructions in a post above.

I don't understand why this is happening. I also tried your superfish.css file from your test site but that didn't change anything.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening? What else can I try?

This is part of template-top:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.10.3.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.10.1.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.10.3.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
// fix jQuery 1.8.0 and jQuery UI 1.8.22 bug with dialog buttons; http://bugs.jqueryui.com/ticket/8484
if ( $.attrFn ) { $.attrFn.text = true; }
</script>
<?php
 if (tep_not_null(JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE)) {
?>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/i18n/jquery.ui.datepicker-<?php echo JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE; ?>.js"></script>
$.datepicker.setDefaults($.datepicker.regional['<?php echo JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE; ?>']);
</script>
<?php
 }
?>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/bxGallery/jquery.bxGallery.1.1.min.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/960gs/<?php echo ((stripos(HTML_PARAMS, 'dir="rtl"') !== false) ? 'rtl_' : ''); ?>960_24_col.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css" />
<?php // Start superfish categories box  ?>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/superfish/js/jquery.hoverIntent.minified.js"></script>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/superfish/js/superfish.js"></script>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/superfish/js/supersubs.js"></script>
 <link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="ext/jquery/superfish/css/superfish.css" />
 <link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="ext/jquery/superfish/css/superfish-vertical.css">
   jQuery(document).ready(function(){
  jQuery('ul.sf-menu').superfish({
    animation: {height:'show'},   // slide-down effect without fade-in
    delay:	 1200			   // 1.2 second delay on mouseout
  });
   });
 </script>
<?php // End superfish categories box  ?>

Thanks again,

Alexandra

It sounds like the superfish-vertical.css is not loading. Check that the file was uploaded to the correct location. Then check all of the files using View Source in Firefox and clicking on the links to the files.

Regards

Jim

I tried it on a newly installed Oscommerce site (2.3.3.4).

It works, however if you look on your test site as well you will notice that when you click to enlarge pictures, they open up in a new window. The video on the Samsung gadget sample product doesn't play.

I added the jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min.js file and the fancy box works except for the video. When I have the pictures enlarged, instead of playing the video it shows the index page.

Is there anyway to correct this?

Thanks again,

Alexandra