• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Heads Up: July 28, 2013 USPS Name Change for Express Mail

krdito

• 2 months later...

Looks like this usps.php file has stopped working over the past couple days. I am no longer receiving rates on either domestic or international. Anyone have anything working?

Attached is a upgraded version of USPS Methods is based on 5.2.1. See http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/487 It is patched and current to 28 July 2013 changes. It works on 2.2, rc2a and 2.3. We've re-tested all options and services and believe they all work.

php.gif usps.php 52.26K 25 downloads

Please note the server is still set to staging. Go to lines 821-823 to reset to production.

You need to upload the file to modules/shipping. You need to uninstall then reinstall in Admin. Don't forget to make note of your settings before you uninstall.

Again this is USPS Methods Add On #487

USPS borked their server Saturday morning. It's throwing junk characters into the XML response, and that's breaking all of the XML decoders in the various modules. I've posted partial fixes in the support threads of the modules, so check there for a patch. Note that this is not a perfect solution, but it will return quotes if you limit it enough.

The only completely workable solution is for USPS to fix their server. Please contact tech support at USPS and let them know you need this fixed.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I have uploaded a working module to the USPS Methods Rates V4 Intl Rates V2 addon page. For those of you using one of the USPS Methods modules, there is a code patch posted in the support thread for that addon.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.