• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Heads Up: July 28, 2013 USPS Name Change for Express Mail

krdito

Well, I'll solve one problem and find another. I did find out how to get the title to the method to display. However, Now it seems that no international orders are getting any rates. All I get is: An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations. This is for any order that is not USA. Any answers for that?

Can you share what you did to hardcode the handling cost? I have the general.php issue fixed but the handling cost is not being added to the shipping cost. Thanks.

In the USPS.php file around line 415 I hardcoded handling cost to so the code reads

'cost' => ($cost+2));

Previously it said something like $ cost + $handling_cost[0]...

If you do not need variable handling costs this should work for you otherwise you will need to dig into the code some more to figure out how to get the right handling cost per method etc...

This is annoying....my domestic is useable...it's just displaying funny like this: First-Class Mail<sup>®</sup> Parcel

Can't figure out how to get rid of the <sup> & </sup> but the rates look fine on both first class and domestic.

International however isn't showing up at all!

I'm on OSC 2.2 and USPS Methods 5.xx...i think 5.2.1 but it has been modified so much over time with the name changes and all.

I was able to install the usps module from http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/393466-heads-up-july-28-2013-usps-name-change-for-express-mail/#entry1676716 and applied the handling fix from http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/393466-heads-up-july-28-2013-usps-name-change-for-express-mail/page__st__20#entry1676839

Thanks! Every few months, USPS screws all of our sites. I've always been able to come here for help to get things back up and running.

I've got two sites... the actual amounts and everything work fine, however the "presentation" is horrible.

One site shows:

United States Postal Service (Standard Post<sup>®</sup>): $7.35

The other site shows: United States Postal Service (Priority Mail Express 1-Day<sup>™</sup>) $35.95

Thoughts?

Edited by FixItPete

I find the fun in everything.

@@emdkay Can you clearly define what USPS module you are running and what version of osC ??

@@FixItPete Sounds to me like you need to do a file compare of the 2 sites, you missed an change/update on one of them and or forgot to upload a file

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

@@emdkay Can you clearly define what USPS module you are running and what version of osC ??

@@FixItPete Sounds to me like you need to do a file compare of the 2 sites, you missed an change/update on one of them and or forgot to upload a file

Hi,

Both worked exactly like they should be fore the USPS re-name issues of late...

Well, it seems USPS doesn't do a very good job when it comes to making changes. I wonder if anyone else has the same problem I have now. On the shipping page, everything now seems to look fine. Except that if a customer selects any USPS choice -- the shipping page just reloads. They can choose UPS or check/money order etc. Just no USPS choices. Anyone have this problem? Or know what the fix might be?

Hi,

Both worked exactly like they should be fore the USPS re-name issues of late...

well not to sound obnoxious, but if one is and one aint, then there is a difference somewhere :) Either in your settings - but more likely in one of the files

Debbie D

Well, it seems USPS doesn't do a very good job when it comes to making changes. I wonder if anyone else has the same problem I have now. On the shipping page, everything now seems to look fine. Except that if a customer selects any USPS choice -- the shipping page just reloads. They can choose UPS or check/money order etc. Just no USPS choices. Anyone have this problem? Or know what the fix might be?

That's the hole I am in now. Everything looks good until you actually select a USPS choice and continue. Shipping screen comes back but the USPS section says "An error occured with USPS shipping calculations..." But where did the shipping numbers come from just a few seconds ago?

(I'm seriously thinking of changing that message to "HEY, if you order more than $50 of stuff shipping is free so why not just do that?")

Oscommerce 2.2 RC2.

I first uninstalled the outdated usps module through my oscommerce web admin area. I then renamed my old usps.php file to usps.php-bak072013, and replaced it with the one offered on the first page of this thread:

$Id: usps.php 5.2.1 - 2.2. RC2a and 2.3 compatible; php 5.3 compatible

I then installed it through the oscommerce web admin area. My checkout was giving correct rates at this time from the staging server. Lastly, I changed the script to use production servers as mentioned on the first page of this thread.

I've got two sites... the actual amounts and everything work fine, however the "presentation" is horrible.

One site shows:

United States Postal Service (Standard Post<sup>®</sup>): $7.35

The other site shows: United States Postal Service (Priority Mail Express 1-Day<sup>™</sup>) $35.95

Thoughts?

® = the 'registered trademark' symbol

&lt = the 'less than' symbol

&gt = the 'greater than' symbol

Check your usps.php file and look around line 63:

'First-Class Mail regimark' => 'First-Class Mail regimark',

'First-Class Mail regimark Letter' => 'First-Class Mail regimark Letter',

'Media Mail regimark' => 'Media Mail regimark',

'Standard Post regimark' => 'Standard Post regimark',

'Priority Mail tradmrk' => 'Priority Mail tradmrk',

Do you actually see 'regimark' spelled out like that, or do you see those HTML characters? That might be a clue.

® = the 'registered trademark' symbol

&lt = the 'less than' symbol

&gt = the 'greater than' symbol

Check your usps.php file and look around line 63:

'First-Class Mail regimark' => 'First-Class Mail regimark',

'First-Class Mail regimark Letter' => 'First-Class Mail regimark Letter',

'Media Mail regimark' => 'Media Mail regimark',

'Standard Post regimark' => 'Standard Post regimark',

'Priority Mail tradmrk' => 'Priority Mail tradmrk',

Do you actually see 'regimark' spelled out like that, or do you see those HTML characters? That might be a clue.

Niether. Here is what mine looks like:

$this->types = array(

'First-Class Mail' => 'First-Class Mail',

'Media Mail' => 'Media Mail',

'Parcel Post' => 'Parcel Post',

'Priority Mail' => 'Priority Mail',

'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box',

'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box',

'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box',

'Express Mail' => 'Express Mail',

'Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope'

);

Niether. Here is what mine looks like:

$this->types = array(

'First-Class Mail' => 'First-Class Mail',

'Media Mail' => 'Media Mail',

'Parcel Post' => 'Parcel Post',

'Priority Mail' => 'Priority Mail',

'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box',

'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box',

'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box',

'Express Mail' => 'Express Mail',

'Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope' => 'Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope'

);

If the top of your file does NOT include "VERSION: 5.2.1 Updated to July 28 2013 Changes", then you're using an old version of usps.php that no longer works properly.

You must download the latest usps.php file as posted on page 1 of this thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/393466-heads-up-july-28-2013-usps-name-change-for-express-mail/#entry1676716

Edited by emdkay

anyone get Priority and Express Mail international working?

anyone? if so, please be explicit with what you are running that is working, along with any modifications and installation instructions. it would be greatly appreciated by many.

thanks!

See this post for a mostly working module and instructions. Testing indicates that everything is working except for the First class options, and that is caused by the USPS server not delivering what USPS says it does. I'm working on a fix for that.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

that version is working also on USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 - v.1.7.. I am hoping to have that detailed out later.. FYI I run osCmax v2.0.35

Debbie D

If the top of your file does NOT include "VERSION: 5.2.1 Updated to July 28 2013 Changes", then you're using an old version of usps.php that no longer works properly.

You must download the latest usps.php file as posted on page 1 of this thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/393466-heads-up-july-28-2013-usps-name-change-for-express-mail/#entry1676716

Could you provide a link to the exact version you're talking about? The one that I found does not have "VERSION: 5.2.1 Updated to July 28 2013 Changes" at the top of the file...

Attached is a upgraded version of USPS Methods is based on 5.2.1. See http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/487 It is patched and current to 28 July 2013 changes. It works on 2.2, rc2a and 2.3. We've re-tested all options and services and believe they all work.

php.gif usps.php 52.26K 25 downloads

Please note the server is still set to staging. Go to lines 821-823 to reset to production.

You need to upload the file to modules/shipping. You need to uninstall then reinstall in Admin. Don't forget to make note of your settings before you uninstall.

Again this is USPS Methods Add On #487

I installed this change and it got rid of the <sup> </sup> around the trademark and registered symbols. However, it also got rid of the trademark and registered symbols. Was it supposed to do that? I thought I remembered reading that the post office required us to display the symbols.

Thank you,

-- A ship in a harbor is safe, but that is not a ships ultimate purpose.

hello all

Here we are, 6 months after the last cf for a fresh one.Thanks USPS.

I have spent hours futzing with Version 5.2.1 and so far haven't got it to work. What happens is that it installs OK, and then when I try and edit it through admin something goes off, and I can't do any thing with it. So I edit it through the db and just couldn't get it going.

When errors are turned on I get this. Fatal Error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_multiinput_list() in/home/..../modules.php(428):eval() ' d code on line 1

I had been using Methods 6.1a and my problem has been the same as others, the handling charge wasn't added, and it just does not go to checkout_payment.php from checkout_shipping.php. It would get the correct rate, but no progress. Here is the XML rate response from USPS, so at least that worked.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RateV4Response><Package ID="0"><ZipOrigination>xxxxx</ZipOrigination>

<ZipDestination>yyyyy</ZipDestination>

<Pounds>6</Pounds>

<Ounces>3.21</Ounces>

<Container>RECTANGULAR</Container>

<Size>LARGE</Size>

<Machinable>TRUE</Machinable>

<Zone>8</Zone>

<Postage CLASSID="4">

<MailService>Standard Post&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt;</MailService>

<Rate>18.02</Rate>

<SpecialServices><SpecialService>

<ServiceID>9</ServiceID>

<ServiceName>Certificate of Mailing</ServiceName>

<Available>true</Available>

<AvailableOnline>false</AvailableOnline>

<Price>1.20</Price>

<PriceOnline>0</PriceOnline>

</SpecialService><SpecialService>

<ServiceID>1</ServiceID>

<ServiceName>Insurance</ServiceName>

<Available>true</Available>

<AvailableOnline>false</AvailableOnline>

<Price>1.95</Price>

<PriceOnline>0</PriceOnline>

<DeclaredValueRequired>true</DeclaredValueRequired>

<DueSenderRequired>false</DueSenderRequired>

</SpecialService><SpecialService>

<ServiceID>13</ServiceID>

<ServiceName>USPS Tracking&lt;sup&gt;&am

That last line in th XML is missing the closing tag. That's how it was emailed.

The part that has me very confused is this new trademark and registered trademark differentiation amongs the various services, and how it relates to the code.

Here is a chart of the new "terminology". Who knew there were so many ways to mail something.

- Special characters (e.g. ™, ®) are returned in their HTML form. For example, “®” is returned as “&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt;”

Class ID MailService

0 First-Class Mail&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Large Envelope

0 First-Class Mail&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Letter

0 First-Class Mail&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Parcel

0 First-Class Mail&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Postcards

1 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt;

2 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Hold For Pickup

3 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt;

4 Standard Post&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt;

6 Media Mail&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt;

7 Library Mail

13 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Envelope

15 First-Class Mail&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Large Postcards

16 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Envelope

17 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Medium Flat Rate Box

22 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Large Flat Rate Box

23 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Sunday/Holiday Delivery

25 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Envelope

27 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup

28 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Small Flat Rate Box

29 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Padded Flat Rate Envelope

30 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Legal Flat Rate Envelope

31 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup

32 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Sunday/Holiday Delivery Legal Flat Rate Envelope

33 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Hold For Pickup

34 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Large Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup

35 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Medium Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup

36 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Small Flat Rate Box Hold For Pickup

37 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup

38 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope

39 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup

40 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Window Flat Rate Envelope

41 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Window Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup

42 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Small Flat Rate Envelope

43 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Small Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup

44 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Legal Flat Rate Envelope

45 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup

46 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Padded Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup

47 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Regional Rate Box A

48 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Regional Rate Box A Hold For Pickup

49 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Regional Rate Box B

50 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Regional Rate Box B Hold For Pickup

53 First-Class&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Package Service Hold For Pickup

55 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Boxes

56 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup

57 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Boxes

58 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Regional Rate Box C

59 Priority Mail {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Regional Rate Box C Hold For Pickup

61 First-Class&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Package Service

62 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Padded Flat Rate Envelope

63 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Padded Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup

64 Priority Mail Express {0}&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Sunday/Holiday Delivery Padded Flat Rate Envelope

9 Appendix B – IntlRate and IntlRateV2 Service ID and SvcDescription response values

Service ID SvcDescription

1 Priority Mail Express International&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt;

2 Priority Mail International&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt;

4 Global Express Guaranteed&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; (GXG)**

5 Global Express Guaranteed&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Document

6 Global Express Guaranteed&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Non-Document Rectangular

7 Global Express Guaranteed&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Non-Document Non-Rectangular

8 Priority Mail International&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Envelope**

9 Priority Mail International&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Medium Flat Rate Box

10 Priority Mail Express International&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Envelope

11 Priority Mail International&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Large Flat Rate Box

12 USPS GXG&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Envelopes**

13 First-Class Mail&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; International Letter**

14 First-Class Mail&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; International Large Envelope**

15 First-Class Package International Service&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt;**

16 Priority Mail International&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Small Flat Rate Box**

17 Priority Mail Express International&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Legal Flat Rate Envelope

18 Priority Mail International&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope**

19 Priority Mail International&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Window Flat Rate Envelope**

20 Priority Mail International&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Small Flat Rate Envelope**

21 First-Class Mail&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; International Postcard

22 Priority Mail International&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Legal Flat Rate Envelope**

23 Priority Mail International&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Padded Flat Rate Envelope**

24 Priority Mail International&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; DVD Flat Rate priced box**

25 Priority Mail International&lt;sup&gt;&#174;&lt;/sup&gt; Large Video Flat Rate priced box**

26 Priority Mail Express International&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Boxes

27 Priority Mail Express International&lt;sup&gt;&#8482;&lt;/sup&gt; Padded Flat Rate Envelope

I am now trying 6.1c and so far no luck. I have learned a few things though but not enough to fix it. There is a big difference in flie lengths between version 5 and 6. Like 5 is a stripped down version of 6.

The differences are slight between 6.1a and 6.1c, but 6.1c has an extra file in admin called USPS_methods_utility.php. It loaded properly, and I could edit it through admin. So far so good and by changing standard and parcel around to try and get it to work, I got these error messages from USPS, depending on how the words standard and parcel were switched in the arrays near the top of checkout_shipping.php

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RateV4Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147219487</Number><Source>DomesticRatesV4;clsRateV4.ValidateMachinable;RateEngineV4.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Machinable value must be 'True' or 'False' for service type Standard Post and service type All.</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error></Package></RateV4Response>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<Error><Number>-2147219101</Number><Source>Rate_Respond.;clsRateV4.UnpackRateNode;SOLServerRates.RateV4_Respond</Source><Description>Missing value for Service.</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error>

Notice how there is a closing tag on these XML messages.

By reading other sections of the forum it is becoming evident that some of the info from USPS is incorrect.

Does anybody know what to do with these trademark thingys?

I also wonder about the progress that the folks using the other USPS module are making, and if some of that info can be applied with the methods 6 module?

Harold