• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Amend paypal express return url... how?

cclayton

@@DunWeb or anyone else perhaps... :)

Osc Version: 2.2

Checkout System: Using Dynamo One Page Checkout and Paypal Express

Problem: Visitors get transferred from checkout.php to Paypal Express, after they have entered their details on Paypal and click PAY NOW they then get transferred back to checkout.php to reconfirm payment via paypal express and click confirm and booking is success. I want the moment visitors click on Pay Now on paypal to go to checkout_success.php and order to be made.

To do this I understand that I need to go into /includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php and amend the below line to go to /checkout_process.php, is that right and if so how can I do this?

$order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = htmlspecialchars(html_entity_decode(tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']),'action=express_checkout', 'SSL')));

Anyones help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Founder & Director at CSC Tours Ltd

@@cclayton

No matter what checkout procedure you are using, you should ALWAYS return to checkout_process.php. If the Dynamo contribution requires otherwise, don't use it, it isn't coded properly.

Chris

So how do I get the checkout_process.php to recognise that payment and all details are confirmed and to go direct to checkout_success.php then? It just seems crazy that we are asking then to reconfirm what they have already accepted as its causing a big drop out.

Thanks!

Founder & Director at CSC Tours Ltd

@@cclayton

I suggest it is an issue with your choice of checkout procedure and payment gateway. You may have to have the process coded to work for you smoothly. I agree that a double confirmation is redundant.

Chris

Can't be much help, other than to list the key/value pairs that are ordinarily sent to PP Express. Presumably Dynamo does the same.

VERSION=60.0
METHOD=SetExpressCheckout
PAYMENTACTION=Sale
RETURNURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xxxxxxxxxx.co.uk%2Fcatalog%2Fext%2Fmodules%2Fpayment%2Fpaypal%2Fexpress.php%3FosC_Action%3Dretrieve
CANCELURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xxxxxxxxxx.co.uk%2Fcatalog%2Fext%2Fmodules%2Fpayment%2Fpaypal%2Fexpress.php%3FosC_Action%3Dcancel
USER=sales_api1.xxxxxxxxxx.co.uk
PWD=ARNAX5YR3SFRGDYB
SIGNATURE=AmiDcmdWJ6782BCw9VRzBNLUVRzQAkKCgBxPOld8XsatimkyBNSydOGq
SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole
CURRENCYCODE=GBP
L_NAME0=T+shirt+with+Coca+Cola+logo
L_AMT0=0.02
L_QTY0=1
L_TAXAMT0=0.00
ITEMAMT=0.02
TAXAMT=0
L_SHIPPINGOPTIONNAME0=Flat+Rate+%28Postage+and+Packing%29
L_SHIPINGPOPTIONLABEL0=Flat+Rate+%28Postage+and+Packing%29
L_SHIPPINGOPTIONAMOUNT0=0.01
L_SHIPPINGOPTIONISDEFAULT0=true
INSURANCEOPTIONSOFFERED=false
SHIPPINGAMT=0.01
AMT=0.03
MAXAMT=100.04

This records the purchase of one instance of one product. The values of SIGNATURE, and so forth, have been slightly altered. I seem to remember there was also something called L_NUMBER0, which I took out of the php. And no, I haven't mis-spelled L_SHIPINGPOPTIONLABEL0. The osC developers like it that way.