• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Discount groups

MWebb

I am trying to install Dicount groups version 1.1.1 I seem to have edited everything correctly. However when I go to to do something other than create a new group, I get this error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and c.categories_id = g.categories_id and c.categories_id = f.categories_id orde' at line 1

I get different versions of these when I click on: Edit, Delete, or if I go into edit and then update.

I've tried using the fix in this link

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/144095-1064-you-have-an-error-in-your-sql-syntax/

but it doesn't solve the problem.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Ok the error that I get after clicking edit is this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and c.categories_id = g.categories_id and c.categories_id = f.categories_id orde' at line 1

select c.discount, c.categories_id, c.customers_groups_id, g.categories_name, f.parent_id from groups_to_categories c, categories_description g, categories f where c.customers_groups_id= and c.categories_id = g.categories_id and c.categories_id = f.categories_id order by g.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

And the error I get if I click the delete button is this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

delete from groups_to_categories where customers_groups_id=

[TEP STOP]

If I go through edit and then click update, I get this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where customers_groups_id =' at line 1

update customers_groups set customers_groups_name='', customers_groups_discount= where customers_groups_id =

[TEP STOP]

And finally if I go through edit and then insert I get this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select * from groups_to_categories where categories_id=0 and customers_groups_id=

[TEP STOP]

I've also just noticed that when I log in as a customer and then click on a product (any product) I get this message.

1146 - Table 'oscommerce_0.TABLE_GROUPS_TO_CATEGORIES' doesn't exist

select discount from TABLE_GROUPS_TO_CATEGORIES where customers_groups_id = 2 and categories_id=0

[TEP STOP]

I've looked at my database and there is a table called groups_to_categories does exist

Regarding syntax errors: Post the query as it is in the file, not the error messages just

Regarding last error: 1146 - Table 'oscommerce_0.TABLE_GROUPS_TO_CATEGORIES' doesn't exist

You don't have the table defined in includes/database_tables.php

Think that the define may be in includes/application_top.php in this case!

It is an older addon are you tying to use this on a 2.3 shop??

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

HI,

seems to me it is this addon

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1288

According to the install the defines are made in application_top.php

Doubt very much if it would be suitable for a 2.3 shop hence the question.

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

I don't know the add-on and yes, if instructions say that any "defines" should go to application_top.php, then it is a very old one

For the "define" it self: If the store has a file includes/database_tables.php and if that file is included in includes/application_top.php (as it happens in all newer stores) then you can add that define to file includes/database_tables.php, the result will be exactly same: The constant is defined.

OP's issue in last post is, that a constant used is not defined

• 1 month later...

@@joli1811 Yes it is that add-on that I'm trying to use. I'm trying to get it so that I can create multiple customer groups and give each group a discount, this is the only add-on that seems to "work" for me. I've managed to fix the error regarding 1146 - Table 'oscommerce_0.TABLE_GROUPS_TO_CATEGORIES' doesn't exist

however

@@multimixer I am still getting all of the syntax errors.

ps I haven't logged in in a while as I've been doing other things but I'm back on this project now and I saw that you had added a bit more to the conversation so I'd thought I'd update my situation.