Sign in to follow this  
mellahugbear

need help with the installation

i am trying to install amazon payments but i am lost. so first, i upload and unzip the files. then what? i know they have the documentation, but it is confusing. i am wanting to do a fresh install.my first step is

• Files to be over-written
    1. modified_files/ to catalog/
      • login.php
      • shopping_cart.php

[*]modified_files/admin/ to catalog/admin/

• orders.php

can someone tell me what that means? it is greatly appreciated

@@mellahugbear

If you have already modified the login.php, shopping_cart.php and orders.php files, then you will have to manually edit them. NOT over-write them. If you have not modified them, make a backup of those files and then upload the new files as suggested.

Chris

:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

oh okay. so when i upload everything. i dont see a "install amazon module" in the os admin. what do i have to do after ive uploaded it, to get it to show?

@@mellahugbear

Once the new files are uploaded to the proper directories, you will click the INSTALL button found in the admin area under modules>> payment. You will then see AMAZON. Once it is showing on the list, you only need to put in the required merchant information

Chris

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

thank for your help, now, i cant move orders.php to catalog/admin/

and i think checkout_by_amazon_admin_orders.php is missing also checkout_by_amazon_order.php is missing. i am using this to go by http://selfproclaimedprincess.com/CBA_OSCommerce_2.3.1_10_2012/DOCUMENTATION/Installation_Config_Guide.html#Option1

Edited by mellahugbear

@@mellahugbear

That module was created for v2.2 RC2a and may not be compatible with the latest version (v2.3.3)

You should use THIS one

Chris

that one is not showing up in the modules. i have uploaded it and followed the instructions in modified_list.txt was i supposed to do anything else?

@@mellahugbear

As previously stated, more than likely the v2.2 contribution will NOT work with v2.3.3 without updating the files to be compatible.

Chris

where is my installation directory? because im trying to use the wepay thing. but if there is any other payment method that is free,please let me know thanks

Edited by mellahugbear