• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Super Fish Navagation Menu Vertical Superfish

Yes see Jim has the code commented out do not know why. I personally prefer without the heading as the picture speaks for itself.

Agree with this. No heading needed I think as it speaks for itself as is.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Just discovered the jQuery Migrate TOOL a while back when trying to sort an issue / conflict I was getting between quick checkout ( by matt ) , categories accordion menu (j Jim ) and jquery-1.10.1.min.js. there is also a minified version.

That issue is something I've noticed and the somewhat cumbersome getting updates..recoding to keep things current. Deferring to Jim.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

The heading code is commented out because it was originally designed for a dropdown button that was in the header. It would be possible to add a heading to this, but it would not look good. I tried this with the Accordion menu and removed it for that reason. Possibly it could be an option here.

I still don't like the way the UI is applied to the top-level categories. It's spanning all of the category boxes instead of being applied to each one individually. This looks weird with any of the 3D button effects.

jQuery Migrate would probably be a good addition to osC, but it's not really related to what we're trying to do here. Maybe it could be included as an extra if anyone wants it.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I enabled cache on a shop I am running this add on with and got a nasty error so I disabled cache for just the superfish box add on until that's working correctly. Probably something I did in the cache.php file where I added the accordion category cache code then tried to modify it tomake it fit superfish,

Didn't work.

Update here: https://github.com/skleiner/sf-menu/commit/2bd3c58e011acf7d576e3d9652ce6df8fc9420b2

Did the disable cache thing in case someone downloads the code to try out so they won't have problems from my attempt.

I had some time so I did some work on this. It's still not the way I'd like it to work, but it's getting there. The following changes have been incorporated:

• The top-level categories are now correctly formatted with the jQuery UI theme -- except for the mouseover. That's still Superfish.
  • The lower-level categories are still controlled by the Superfish CSS. That's because I prefer it this way. If you think otherwise please say so.
  • The header/title is now an available option. It appears only if there is text in the Title box in the Admin.
  • Cache now works.

Changes were made to /catalog/ext/jquery/superfish/css/superfish.css, /catalog/includes/functions/cache.php, and /catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories_superfish.php. You will need to uninstall the module, then upload the new files and reinstall.

The code is here. Comments/code/bugs are welcome.

Regards

Jim

Formatting looks nice.

--First run.....Products header won't disappear if I let the admin control space blank, or even change it to another word like Categories.

Second run....uninstalled module like I was supposed to...re uploaded cache.php and bm_categories_superfish.php files...reinstalled module and voila!!

--Module isn't showing in admin>tools>cache control.

--Categories still aren't sorting as supposed to when compared to stock categories box.

I usually manage cache via FTP, so I forgot about the cache control. Thanks for reminding me.

I've changed the sort order and added the cache manager changes. In my default install of osC, all of the category sort order values are set to 0. That leaves the category/subcategory sort order somewhat random. I changed the code to default to the categories_id if the sort_order is not set. The result is still different from the stock osC. If you want to change the order, I suggest that you set the sort order in the category admin.

The code is here. The cache function and the module files have been changed, and two new files added to the admin.

Thanks for the bug reports.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

Hi there,

Well, I'm pretty wrapped with what you guys have done. All working sweet. Might have a go at perhaps changing a few colours. However how do I turn the arrows to the right.

Many thanks

Grandpa

Hi

What Ive had to do to get the Products title to show, is change line 162 in bm_categories_superfish.php from MODULE_BOXES_CATEGORIES_SUPERFISH_FRONT_TITLE to ' Products ' Doesn't seem to matter what is imputed in admin the title just doesn't show up.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Grandpa

The title works on my test site. Please try the latest version above. Also remember to uninstall, then upload and reinstall the module.

Regrds

Jim

@@grandpaj

the uninstall and re-install is important...i erred as above then got it right.

@@kymation

@@altoid

Just finished testing looking good the cache appears in admin cache control the files are present front end had a small overflow on the category menu but when I changed to Steves latest superfish.css everthing lined up so sorted .

You know I like my small turning arrows so added this to the bottom of the css

.sf-arrows > ul > .sf-with-li:focus:after,

.sf-arrows > ul:hover > .sf-with-li:after,

.sf-arrows > .sfHover > .sf-with-li:after {

border-top-color: white; /* IE8 fallback colour */

}

/* styling for right-facing arrows */

.sf-arrows li .sf-with-ul:after {

margin-top: -5px;

margin-right: -3px;

border-color: transparent;

border-left-color: #FFFFFF; /* edit this to suit design (no rgba in IE8) */

border-left-color: rgba(255,255,255,.8);

changed the colour / transparency to be better seen on a standard install and IE so now they are back again and turning :P

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Hi

DO you need to uninstall completely or just the bm_files and not the ext.

Cheers

Grandpa

Just remove the module in admin in your modules/boxes then reinstall the new files should then be overwritten if you have already modified your shop you may need to compare the x 2 new admin files rather than overwriting .

regards

John

@@kymation

@@joli1811

As with John's case...cache working fine. I checked the work folder and saw where it was caching superfish yesterday anyway so now I understand what Jim meant by doing that via ftp.

Anyway, I am going to try Jolis css out and see what that looks like.

Which brings up that once Jim posts this I can see down the road a spike in "how do you make it look this way or that way" support questions. Maybe in the extras folder toss in a couple of css files for users to try if they want different styling? Beyond that they can figure it out for themselves or hire a pro.

I may make a new branch on the github site for all this just for different styling. If I can figure out how to do that.

The support after the release of an addon is often more time-consuming than the original release. Often it's things that are already explained in the instructions. At least we don't have that problem here....

Don't ask me about Github. I'm still trying to figure that out.

Regards

Jim

Hi

Regarding posts 66 & 67.

If I can install this, and play around with it and its still going. With my limited knowledge, then there shouldn't be many questions.

Mine runs smoothly.

However when I enabled the cache I got an error message regarding the Shop by Price add on I have installed, I fixed it (not sure if its the right thing to do, but everything seems to work) by commenting out (//)

function execute() {

global $SID, $oscTemplate;

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) { /*should be set true*/

// $output = tep_cache_SHOP_BY_PRICE_box();

} else {

$output = $this->getData();

}

$oscTemplate->addBlock($output, $this->group); ...........

}

in bm_shop_by_price.php }

Thanks you guys so much.

All the best

Grandpa

Edited by grandpaj

Hi

Just noticed that in the Catagories/Products menu, all the products listed are not in alphabetical order.

Any advice on how to correct this please.

Many thanks

Grandpa

Alphabetical by category name should probably be the default. I'll change that. You can also change the order by setting Sort Order values in your Admin >> Catalog >> Categories/Products for each Category.

Regards

Jim

@@joli1811

Joli...I made the css mod as you posted above in 63...effected upper right arrow appearance and behavior for the main category..other arrows remain the same. Does that sound right? I like it, I'll use it, thanks.

I figured out the branching thing on github so there's a branch just for this tweak for now.

@@grandpaj

Regarding posts 66 & 67.

If I can install this, and play around with it and its still going. With my limited knowledge, then there shouldn't be many questions.

I brought the matter up for Jim's sake post release. That wan't intended for you. I'm glad you tested this out it gives another set of eyes on things.

This will probably be a pretty popular add on for the 2.3 series so I see Jim getting hammered with how to this and how to that. We don't want to wear him out. :)

Thanks

regarding sort order, I am seeing what grandpa reported.

I just went in and made all categories zero in the sort order.

so for example a category starting with the letter J is jumping up ahead of several categories beginning with letters earlier in the alphabet.

@@joli1811

Joli...I made the css mod as you posted above in 63...effected upper right arrow appearance and behavior for the main category..other arrows remain the same. Does that sound right? I like it, I'll use it, thanks.

I figured out the branching thing on github so there's a branch just for this tweak for now.

Yes do not know that was just the way I liked it. I suppose it should be possible to get the other arrows to turn but....?

Yes love the idea of your github did not know it was you when I came across it first Mr Skleiner :D I do think it would be good to get a superfish.css going for a right hand shop actually have an old superfish.css somewhere for right hand category shop plus the superfish horizontal from Jess needs a bit of updating updating for 2.3 have a working version as well but it could do with updating.

Really happy with Jims code wanted this for ages but just could not get to work so THANKS !

So if we get it sorted sort of save a lot of questions as regards support give the Meister more time to code :D

Will have a look later at a right hand css and see how far I get.

Regards

Joli

Edited by joli1811

@@altoid

Hi Steve,

Just noticed you put the arrow code in the navbar.css I think would be better in the superfish.css I.

I have not used the navbar.css just ...

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/superfish_updated/js/jquery.hoverIntent.minified.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/superfish_updated/js/superfish.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/superfish_updated/js/supersubs.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="ext/jquery/superfish_updated/css/superfish.css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="ext/jquery/superfish_updated/css/superfish-vertical.css">

Think the navbar.css is only need for the horizontal super fish you can see here(link) if you view page source about line 58 I call that.

Of course maybe better just to include all not sure about that.