• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multilingual oscommerce 2.3.3 webshop minor problem.

BertilPalmqvist

Multilingual oscommerce 2.3.3 webshop minor problem.

<a name="result_box3"> Problem description:

When I installed several full language-packs, such as English, Swedish, Norwegian and some others, everything works fine except for one thing.

I'm logged in as administrator and have selected Swedish language as administrator. I have also chosen Swedish as default language.

When a customer visits the online store and activate one language, say Norwegian. The customer will then see all the menus and prepared product subtitles in Norwegian. This is absolutely correct.

If I then click Tools -> "Who's Online" once I see a line with the customer's data. Everything is still normal, but if I press the "Who's Online" again, then the language inside admin changes from Swedish to Norwegian! This is very frustrating because you usually only want one language for the administrator, the shop owners native language. It seems to be only the "Who's Online" feature that has this effect. All other tools in the admin retains the default language. Customer's with different languages does not affect each other, which is good. I suspect the database management of clients' language preference and the administrator language setting interfere with each other.

PLEASE can anyone explain and perhaps suggest another fix for this behavior?

Solution/workaround:

Since I only wanted the Swedish language in the admin section I copied the contents of the file catalog/admin/includes/languages/swedish.php to all catalog/admin/includes/languages/<language>.php files, and the contents of the directory catalog/admin/includes/languages/swedish/ to all catalog/admin/includes/languages/<language>/

directories. Where <language> is english, norwegian and sequentially every other language you have installed.

This method can be used for any language you want to retain in administrator section, just switch “swedish” for your native language.

Hello,

Has not anyone seen this problem before?

It should show up for anyone curious shopkeeper who has English and one additional language pack installed, and want to see which customers is visiting the store. The problem is easy to test, and it is repeatable. Select a language for the clients browser and another language for the administrator and let the administrator click on Tools -> "Who is online" two times. Did the language change inside the administrator login? If so, what causes this?

/Bertil

i confirm this bug.

it is probable that there is a collision in session.

but this bug is only possible if you are the customer and the administrator and you navigate with the same browser.

if you visit your shop with Opera and your back-office with IE, this bug does not exist.

Dear Laurent,

Thank You for answering my question!

Is there any way to avoid this? I tested as You suggested visited the shop as customer with Opera browser and german language setting, and backofifice as administrator with IE browser and swedish language setting, the language switched to czech because the top customer in the customer listing had czech language setting. I see this bug also if I only is logged in as administrator and my customers are visiting my shop with other language setting than mine, that is if the top marked customer in the customer listing has another language setting than I have, then my internal language switches to that customers language.the second time I click the Who's Online. This happens also if I click and mark another customer row in the listing and then click Who's Online. I have tested with the browsers IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera even on different networks a ADSL broadband and a 3G wireless internet.

Sincerely

Bertil

Archived