Latest News: (loading..)
burt

Feedback for BURT, for osCbooks, for oscTemplates, for 28DofC

60 posts in this topic

@@douglaswalker @@burt

I agree. The key system is an awesome tool to ask for reviews and provide order updates with a few clicks. You can ask for multiple reviews in seconds. The time to ask for 25+ reviews has been reduced to seconds.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks and I look in Google Analytics to see customers viewing their order update securely on my website. Any shop owner with few or no employees will find this handy and efficient. 

Gary has made it flexible as with all his work. Things can be added to be beneficial for the customer. A great after-the-sale module. Now I'm thinking that this can be transformed to be used as a customer retention tool. Maybe display a coupon for the customer to use on the next order or offer other deals just for viewing the key page not depending on whether the customer leave a review.

The possibilities seem endless!

A HUGE Thank you so much Gary for all the work you have put into my site over the last couple of weeks.

I've been an online shopowner for 8 years, started off with Homestead (anyone even remember them?) then moved to oscommerce 1.3, patching, fiddling with addons right up to 2.3.1, then came bootstrap, tried to sort it out myself and after finally accepting that it was beyond me I took the plunge with a commercial support enquiry on this forum and I think its one of the best business decisions I've ever made.

I now have a lush looking site that I am proud of and my customers certainly seem to prefer. Gary did everything I asked for and some extra work too.

Thank you Gary for improving my site so swiflty, affordably and in good humour despite my mistakes along the way that probably made it harder than it needed to be. I am very proud to say that you fixed my site and I will recommend your work to anyone.

Looking forward to woring with you again!

Carol

Just a bit more feedback for Gary.

When I set up my original OSc site I purchased the full set of Gary's very excellent books and they were exceptionally useful, saving me god only knows how much time.  Well worth every penny.

Having recently needed some help with an SQL query to provide data for a tax audit I turned to Gary for help; he again came up trumps with the required code within an hour of knowing what I was after and quite frankly has saved me a great deal of stress.

A big thank you to Gary from me, and I would thoroughly recommend Gary and his products to anybody needing help.

Thanks Gary.

Edited by blakdog

Gary, 

Thanks for all your help - getting my site in 2.3.3 renovated into a functioning and a top tier site in 2.3.4 bootstrap. You retained my database which was important.  You are professional and efficient.   The new site is a quantum leap.  The site is responsive and the Gustavo template is provides a very good layout.   Now, that the foundation is laid, I can work on product development.  So relieved to have a good site again.

Cheers,

Michael Madson
San Jose, California

Felt I have to post with much thanks and gratitude to Gary. He has gone above and beyond helping me to get a new BS site developed. I now have a test site that is almost ready to be the live site and without his hard work this would have not been possible.

If people thought using a developer was going to cost the earth, then be amazed. The costs were no where near what I thought they would be, and he even did more than he was paid to do. Using one of his templates as a base, and altering it where necessary I now have a fresh looking site, with all my old products and customers fully working. I have areas of the site converted to modules where I used to use text, and support is still there when I need it.

The one thing I must say is that in creating modules and not altering the core code has made this so much simpler and an awful lot quicker. All developers should give it a go. try building a new store using modules and see just how quick it is. Just remember though who made it possible.

Thank you Gary.

29 Days of code!!

Loads of modules, dead easy to install and use. You might look at some and think "oh I've got that already from free addons..." but these modules are so much more shop owner friendly, clean, simple and effective.

Thank you Gary - you've made me a better retailer and made me enjoy being a retailer more because I don't have to pretrend to try and be a spot the missing } thingy anymore :)

Carol

We are New to Oscommerce and have utilized some of Burts 28days Of code modules. We have had a couple of issues implementing them and I have to say that  the support on these issues were dealt with extremely swiftly and efficiently.  The modules that we have installed have improved our new site immensely. Burt actually upgraded the functions on one of the modules all done coded and sent back within the hour. Amazing service. Looking forward to working with him on more projects. - Highly recommended indeed!

I purchased #9 - Customer Stats Dashboard and it worked beautifully from the very first try. Thanks Gary, I will not hesitate to purchase more of your code when needed.

Take care

Bill

Posted (edited)

A few post have been removed as they were not feedback - thank you to all who advised the forum member with correct procedure.

For anyone wishing to have work done, it is always advisable to post for quotes at http://forums.oscommerce.com/tracker/project-6-commercial-support-enquiries/

Be aware that I do not look in the Commercial Tickets Section, ever.   

Therefore, if you require a quote from me for something...hit me up by Private Message.

Edited by burt

A long overdue testimonial.

I have purchased several useful modules from Garry @burt

Each was simple to install.

Garry was highly responsive. I did not have to wait long for the modules. He also offered to assist me if I encountered any difficulties.

Peter

discxpress likes this