• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Set price for products in different groups using SPPC

MWebb

I've installed the SPPC contribution but I don't know how to setup the different prices for different customer groups. I've created 2 user accounts and put one in the guest (default group) and the other in retail and tested it out. Although in the guest group there was a special offer on one of the items when I clicked to buy that product, the price reverted to the normal price which is the same as the retail group.

Can someone please either show me or tell me how I can set the different prices for each group (I have 3).

I would check then if installation is correct, particularly for file includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

When you say "special offer", do you mean a price set in specials or just a different regular price for that product?

I've checked that the file you mentioned is there and it is. The version that i have installed is this Full set of new and amended files for SPPC 4.2.2 on oscommerce 2.3.1 (so it should be the latest version, it's also the only one that seems to work for me).

By special offer I'm referring to the specials box on the right hand side of the main page. When I was signed in as a guest it showed a different price to when I was signed into a retail account, but when I clicked on that product as a guest to get the special price, it reverted back to the price that was the same for the retail account.

I hope I have made it clearer

@@multimixer

Do I need to do a reinstall then? Because I checked that file and it is there (unless I need to change something in the code), if I need to change something in the code could you tell me which bit please?

The store would not work at all without that file, so it's good that it is there

SPPC require manual changes to that file, don't remember by heart what, but they are all mentioned in the installation instructions, are they not?

You could also check the support topic for SPPC

@@multimixer

I'm currently looking through the topic for SPPC

In the downloaded file there's a folder which is called new_installations 2.3.1 and I checked the files in there and they were the files that you need to change but they all ready had the changes on them, so I just uploaded those files using ftp. Should I not have done that and just edited the files in the normal oscommerce file and then uploaded them?

@@14steve14

I've checked all the files according to the installation guide and everything seems to be there.

This is the version that I downloaded as it seemed to be the only one that worked properly after installing, the other just messed up my site. "Full set of new and amended files for SPPC 4.2.2 on oscommerce 2.3.1"