• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Dynamic MoPics

dreamscape

Subject : *** beginning of filename cut off by mopics_get_imagebase() ***

Hi, I just installed Dynamic MoPics 3.000 and through some painful echos seem to find that the function mopics_get_imagebase()

is truncating the beginning of my image filename.

BTW when I copy my image to the the truncated name, it displays nicely.

I have a bunch of images with long filenames that I don't feel like renaming tho'.

It would be nice to support the full number of characters in the filename defined in the database, which seems to be 64 if I checked correctly.

Also, just what is this code trying to do ? Comments and/or intermediate variables would be a great help...

Thanks in advance,

-i.

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW when I copy my image to the the truncated name, it displays nicely.

I have a bunch of images with long filenames that I don't feel like renaming tho'.

It would be nice to support the full number of characters in the filename defined in the database, which seems to be 64 if I checked correctly.

Also, just what is this code trying to do ? Comments and/or intermediate variables would be a great help...

Thanks in advance,

-i.

I have filenames which are much longer as your example and no truncating problem at all. A reason, and difference between our configurations, might be that I have set my Main Thumbnail In "Thumbnail Images Directory" to false and yours seems to be set to true ?! If that is so that might be the problem with the piece of code. Dreamscape hasn't been on the forums for a couple of months now....

hi,

how do i tell my thumb is in the /thumbs folder? I have set Main Thumbnail In "Thumbnail Images Directory" to true. But when i type /thumbs/image.jpg in the product page, it changes it to image.jpg.

What did i do wrong?

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--

hi,

how do i tell my thumb is in the /thumbs folder? I have set Main Thumbnail In "Thumbnail Images Directory" to true. But when i type /thumbs/image.jpg in the product page, it changes it to image.jpg.

What did i do wrong?

I am no expert on this contribution but as you already told how your thumbnail directory is called (admin->configuration->Dynamic Mopics->Thumbnail Images Directory) I assume you do not have add the thumb directory name to your picture in the product page.

I am no expert on this contribution but as you already told how your thumbnail directory is called (admin->configuration->Dynamic Mopics->Thumbnail Images Directory) I assume you do not have add the thumb directory name to your picture in the product page.

Actually i did. Like i said i added /thumbs/image.jpg (also tried thumbs/image.jpg) in the image field on the product page, but when i preview i see a red cross. When i then rightclick on the red-cross > properties i see it is looking for an image in the images folder instead of the images/thumbs folder.

PS: vanavond geen friet met mayonaise maar fondue! <_<

Edited by killerwhale65

Matthias Thoen

Actually i did. Like i said i added /thumbs/image.jpg (also tried thumbs/image.jpg) in the image field on the product page, but when i preview i see a red cross. When i then rightclick on the red-cross > properties i see it is looking for an image in the images folder instead of the images/thumbs folder.

PS: vanavond geen friet met mayonaise maar fondue! <_<

Ook niet verkeerd hoor :D

No, I meant with the admin->configuration settings for Dynamic Mopics ! It is there where you define the thumbs path, not while creating/editing a product. The fact that it is looking in the wrong place is strange but sounds like there might be something wrong with that part of the contribution.

i have thumbs/ as thumbnail directory in de configuration of mopics

Yes, that's the default setting. I can't tell you why it won't work properly without looking further into this contrib. If you put the main thumbs not into the thumbs directory everything works fine is all I can say for the moment.

HNY

Happy New Year!

Well, i tried some different cofigurations:

Big Images Directory: images_big/

Thumbnail Images Directory: thumbs/

Main Thumbnail In "Thumbnail Images Directory": true

Products Image: image.jpg

result:

thumbnail appears, but is not clickable.

Main Thumbnail In "Thumbnail Images Directory": false

result:

thumbnail appears, and is clickable. This is how it should be, only the thumb is not in images/thumbs but in images/. And the thumb directory is set to thumbs/

Products Image: thumbs/image.jpg

result:

no thumbnail appears (picture refers to images/ and NOT to images/thumbs!!!), but it is clickable and the big image appears!

result:

no thumbnail appears, and it is not clickable.

Hope this helps!

Edited by killerwhale65

Matthias Thoen

Happy New Year!

Well, i tried some different cofigurations:

result:

thumbnail appears, but is not clickable.

result:

thumbnail appears, and is clickable. This is how it should be, only the thumb is not in images/thumbs but in images/. And the thumb directory is set to thumbs/

result:

no thumbnail appears (picture refers to images/ and NOT to images/thumbs!!!), but it is clickable and the big image appears!

result:

no thumbnail appears, and it is not clickable.

Hope this helps!

Situation 2. is how it is supposed to be.

If you do not set your main thumbs to reside into the thumbs directory they will be under /images. The thumbs for picuter 2, 3 etc. will go into the thumbs directory. The large images all go into the big images directory. So only for thumbs you have two situations.

Ah, so i cannot put my main-thumbnails in the thumbs/ folder? Then i must have misunderstood something. Maybe it should be quite handy to allow the main thumbs also in the thumbs/ folder in a future update!

Matthias Thoen

i thought about this but that cant be correct, because what is this then for?

When that setting is set to false the main thumbs, which is the thumb for the first picture, will reside within the default osC images/ directory.

When set to true you will have to put your main thumbs with the rest of your thumbs inside the default defined images/thumbs directory. That's how I have always understood this.

well, that is what i thought, but that is exactly where it goes wrong. Look at the 4 situations i mentioned a few posts above. When i set this to true and i enter thumbs/image.jpg it simply does not work.

Matthias Thoen

well, that is what i thought, but that is exactly where it goes wrong. Look at the 4 situations i mentioned a few posts above. When i set this to true and i enter thumbs/image.jpg it simply does not work.

yes, but, and I never tried this because I have my main thumbs inside the normal images directory, you shouldn't have to enter thumbs/images/pic1.jpg or something with your products. Simply assign a default thumb image to the product and afterwards move all thumbs from the images directory to the images/thumbs directory. Probably you can put thumbs/images/pic1.jpg with your product definition to have the thumbs copied to the direct directory immediately but that is a pain.

sorry but that doesnt work. I get a red-cross, cause it is looking for a pic inside the images directory.

i uploaded the pic via the product page into /images/, then moved it to images/thumbs, and it is there, but the frontend is refering to /images instead of /images/thumbs.

Matthias Thoen

sorry but that doesnt work. I get a red-cross, cause it is looking for a pic inside the images directory.

i uploaded the pic via the product page into /images/, then moved it to images/thumbs, and it is there, but the frontend is refering to /images instead of /images/thumbs.

A pitty it doesn't seem to work with main thumbs outside the main thumbs directory. For the time being you could use it with the main thumbs inside the default images/ directory. That should give no problems and when this gets ever fixed you could always move the pictures to their new place when needed.

So, all of the main product images have to be in the images folder, not in a subfolder of images/ in order for MoPics to work?

Depending on your Mopics settings it shouldn't have to be but after the earlier posts it seems there are problems when the main image thumbs are not in the images/ directory.

I can't say very much about that as I have never used the contrib that way and appareantly the designer of this contrib does not support it anymore. I'll take a look at it when I have time left then but no time frame for that.