Thumbnail Images Directory thumbs/

Main Thumbnail In Thumb Directory false

Number of Pics per Row 3

Mo Pics Extension _

Main Big Pic Extension _

Mo Pics Thumbnail Image Type gif

Mo Pics Big Image Type gif

Thumbnail Images Directory

The directory inside catalog/ images where you extra image thumbs are stored.

E:\desarrollo\catalogo\images

------------------------------------------\images_big

-------------------------------------------\thumbs

Inside is

paco_1.gif

http://desarrollo.pagoseguro.com.es/catalo...?products_id=28

Thank you very much.

Hi,

You have the images setup correctly, I found:

http://desarrollo.pagoseguro.com.es/catalogo/images/paco.gif

http://desarrollo.pagoseguro.com.es/catalo..._big/paco_1.gif

http://desarrollo.pagoseguro.com.es/catalo...umbs/paco_1.gif

But, comparing your configuration, to a site where we use this contribution, I would suggest you change this config:

Main Big Pic Extension _

TO .....................

Main Big Pic Extension

because the "big pic' is the file in /images , and it is called paco.gif, correct name, just change the config., and it will all work.

Peter

It does not work. Anyway thnk you very very much for your answer.

Now i have this configuration.

Big Images Directory images_big/

Number of Pics per Row 3

Mo Pics Extension _

Main Big Pic Extension

Mo Pics Thumbnail Image Type gif

Mo Pics Big Image Type gif

Big Images Directory

The directory inside catalog/ images where your big images are stored.

Fecha de Alta: 25/11/2004

Ultima Modificaci?n: 25/11/2004

Hi,

It does not work. Anyway thnk you very very much for your answer.

I assume you have modified these files.

/catalog/includes/filenames.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

/catalog/product_info.php

and updated the database with the SQL commands, and installed the new files, that came with the MoPic contribution ?

Peter

http://desarrollo.pagoseguro.com.es/catalo...?products_id=28

images_big/leon_1.jpg

thumbs/leon_1.jpg

I test wiht 2 configurations

T?tulo Valor Acci?n

Number of Pics per Row 4

Mo Pics Extension

Main Big Pic Extension

Mo Pics Thumbnail Image Type jpg

Mo Pics Big Image Type jpg

Mo Pics Extension

T?tulo Valor Acci?n

Number of Pics per Row 4

Mo Pics Extension _

Main Big Pic Extension _

Mo Pics Thumbnail Image Type jpg

Mo Pics Big Image Type jpg

Mo Pics Extension

My server is Windows 2003 and php 4.3.9

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello dreamscape,

First off, thanks for a great contrib.

I did have some initial problems, but after reading this forum and the one on oscdox.com I figured it out. In my case I found out that the contrib does not work with search-engine safe url's enabled.

BUT as I can see on one of your sites that you listed (see below) it does seem that you have it working even with the search-engine safe URL's.

Hi.  I'm the author of this contribution, so of coarse I use it.  Virtually all of our products have about 4 extra images, so you can view any of them to see it working.  Here is a direct link to one product in particular that has 12 extra images:

http://www.madmacgames.com/games/warcraft_...ozen_throne/112

Would you mind sharing how this works?

Uppon closer inspection it seem like the call to the javascript in your site is different from mine (using the latest version of your contrib).

The link of an additional thumb on your site for the popup is something like:

javascript:popupImage('http://www.madmacgames.com/games/images/73/5','510','645')

Using your contrip straight out of the box produces something like this

javascript:popupImage('http://www.mysite.com/catalog/popup_image.php/pID/1/pic/1')

This is where the problem seems to be because in catalog/popup_image.php

you get the pic variable with $_GET['pic'], but it is always empty (I echo it out to the popup window to see what is going on).

So for all additional thumbs that are shown the original big image is shown in the popup.

Is there maybe a contrib for search-engine save url's other than the built-in feature?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

cf

cf

For some reason in osCommerce the search engine safe URLs don't seem to work with $_GET in the popup_image file. If you change it to $HTTP_GET_VARS it should work.

As for my version being different, yes it is. I am actually just now getting ready to release an update to the contribution that brings it up-to-date and includes the updated javascript that pops the image up with the window full size (instead of popping up small and then resizes after the image loads... which is retarded I think).

I would suggest just holding off and reinstalling when I release the update here in a bit.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

• 3 weeks later...
Dynamic MoPics v2.1 released. Moved configuration to admin.  Cleaned up code in popup_image.php.

** The configuration now being in admin should make it easier to get running.

** If updating, please delete the Dynamic MoPic confuration vars from catalog/includes/configure.php

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1114

Note: I do not know why so many people have trouble getting this to work.  It is probably one of the easiest extra image contributions to install and use.  It is not meant to be difficult to use.  It should be overly simple to use.

I just want to thank you for this contribution :thumbsup:

It gave me a headache and cost me a lot of time but I finally could figure out how it should work and this will make my life a whoooole lot easier in the future :)

I think it would be good to add a thorough example to the readme of how this contribution has to be set up with the correct naming. At least that is what took me a few hours to figure out. Installation itself is indeed a breeze but with no clear picture of how things operate together you get a hard time.

In the end I figured out that I could leave my already defined pictures at rest and just adjust the naming of the Mo pictures to get things working.

What I still don't understand is how I can achieve to have all thumbnail pictures inside the thumbs directory (also those for the osC main picture) without fumbling with the path setting when attaching a main picture to a product but I guess that is the least important thing for now.

Merry Christmas

First I want to say thanks for this contribution.

I installed DynMoPics and it worked fine. I then installed "Categories and Products Images Folder Tree" and of course now DynMoPics is not working.

No errors, just not working. I'm about to do some tracing of the code but I was hoping that maybe someone has run into this before and can give me an idea of what to look for or even where.

I can post code but I'm not even sure where to begin at this point.

Also I would like to know where the code is for determining which files to display.

Thanx, Dave.

Hi All,

I am having problems getting this to work. I have reviewed all the posts here and the instructions at osCDox but still no joy.

The problems I have are that none of the additional thumbs are displayed, I just get coming soon and the popup image is no longer pulling in the second image. Instead it shows the original thumbnail and a URL to the large picture but with a / missing the link below is an example of what appears in the popup window :-

/homepages/0/d72917774/htdocs/wsc72917785/test/catalogimages/big_images/helmet_lrg.jpg

With a missing / between catalog and images... If i substitute the domain name and put in the / I can find the image

e.g. http://www.ane-shop.co.uk/test/catalog/ima.../helmet_lrg.jpg

Here is a link to the product that I have which has additional thumbs setup for it.

http://www.ane-shop.co.uk/test/catalog/pro...products_id=796

the primary image is helmet.jpg with additional thumbs being called helmet_pic1.jpg,helmet_pic2.jpg,helmet_pic3.jpg etc.

these are located in images/thumbs/

the larger images are helmet_lrg.jpg,helmet_lrg_pic1.jpg etc

these are located in images/big_images/

The config values are :-

Big Images directory = big_images/

Thumbnail Images Directory = thumbs/

Main Thumbnail in Thumb Directory = true

Number of Pics per Row = 4

Mo pics extension = _pic

Main Big Pic Extension = _lrg

Mo Pics Thumbnail Image Type = jpg

Mo Pics Big Image Type = jpg

The product entries in the database are :-

product_image = thumbs/helmet.jpg

procucts_bimage = big_images/helmet_lrg.jpg

Any help that anyone can provide ? I am pulling my hair out at the moment :'(

Thanks.

Glyn

www.ane-shop.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Dynamic MoPics works fine in the product info pages. But I found a problem today. The image in the product review page has a link to popup a large image, but there is no image shown in the popup window, but a message 'Requested image was not found.' instead. I think it's messed up with this contrib, but don't know how to fix it. Could anyone help me?

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi. First I just want to say that this is a great contribution! I successfully installed in on my handmade designer jewelry store, but have two minor problems:

1. The main thumbnail at the top of the product_info page has moved about an inch to the right. Here's an example: http://www.blueluxe.com/bee-on-a-pear-p-417.html. You can see that the top image has moved much too close to the Name, Price, Add to cart section... It used to be centered closer to the word 'Description' in Product Description.

2. The outer box is only around the second row of thumbnails (only in IE, FireFox is ok).

I checked through the mopics css file and some of the other php files but couldn't fix these issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-- Josh

Hi,

I've just installed this contrib (v 3.00) but there's a problem with the admin section. The only option I can modify is "Big Images Directory". There's nothing else in admin->Config->Dynamic Mopics...

The SQL query has been executed successfuly and I've tried reuploading every file, but I'm still not seeing the complete admin area. :(

Is this a known bug? Anyone knows what might cause this?

Help! :(

I decided to try oscMax and I've got myself into a big mess of my own making! I added the Hide Products From Groups contrib (Special Price Per Customer is pre-installed). I then added Sebastian Frank's Dynamics Mopics Admin addon (Dynamic Mopics is pre-installed) which should allow admin access to non-ftp administrators to upload images. In fairness to Sebastian , he did say, "this is not a final version. See it as a v0.1." but he also said, "these changes work for my store," from which came false hope!

Dynamics Mopics Admin is not working for me at all. As I understand it, on the New Product page, I should browse to and select the main thumbnail image - image.jpg - and, from another folder on my computer, I select a larger version with the same filename; the DynamicMopicsAdmin contrib adds a number - actually a string + a number - that will increment for each additional image starting at: {imagebase}_pic1.jpg) i.e. the uploaded image will be renamed as image_pic1.jpg I'm getting an upload success message for each image but only one image, the thumbnail, has been uploaded properly. The larger image uploads, not to the images/images_big directory but to the images/ directory and it is renamed not as "image_pic1.jpg" but as "_pic1.jpg"

Looking at the code, however, that's where I would expect it to go so I'm at a loss to know how this is supposed to work:

case 'new_product_preview':
// copy image only if modified
	$products_image = new upload('products_image');
	$products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);
	if ($products_image->parse() && $products_image->save()) {
	  $products_image_name = $products_image->filename;
	} else {
	  $products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');
	}
 // added by Sebastian Fr?nk begin
 // for Dynamic MoPics
	  for ($i=1; $i<MAX_PICTURES_UPLOAD + 1; $i++) {
		if (isset($GLOBALS['file_' . $i]) && tep_not_null($GLOBALS['file_' . $i])) {
		  $upload_file_image = new upload('file_' . $i);
		  $upload_file_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);
		  $upload_file_image->parse();
	   	  $image_base = substr($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'], 0, -4);
		  $upload_file_image->set_filename($image_base . '_pic' . $i . '.jpg');
		  $upload_file_image->save();
		}
	  }
 // added by Sebastian Fr?nk end
	break;

Problem is, even if I get it to upload correctly, the thumbnail has a click-to-enlarge link only if the Big Images Directory in Admin/Configuration/Dynamic Mopics is set to blank i.e. if the default setting, images_big, is deleted. Then, when you click on the link, it's the thumbnail that pops up!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I've just installed this contrib (v 3.00) but there's a problem with the admin section. The only option I can modify is "Big Images Directory". There's nothing else in admin->Config->Dynamic Mopics...

The SQL query has been executed successfuly and I've tried reuploading every file, but I'm still not seeing the complete admin area. :(

Same here and now I even can't unistall it with the included remove file :(

May be we must install lower version

Hi,

Take a look at the database entries in the configuration table... change the configuration_group_id on the other Dynamic Mopics entries to match that of the Big Images Directory entry...

• 3 weeks later...

Subject : *** beginning of filename cut off by mopics_get_imagebase() ***

Hi, I just installed Dynamic MoPics 3.000 and through some painful echos seem to find that the function mopics_get_imagebase()

is truncating the beginning of my image filename. Output :

$image is KitSunriseMiniLuna.jpg

DYNAMIC_MOPICS_MAINTHUMB_IN_THUMBS_DIR is true

strlen(DYNAMIC_MOPICS_THUMBS_DIR) is 7

strlen(DYNAMIC_MOPICS_MAINTHUMB_IN_THUMBS_DIR) is 4

strrpos($image, '.') is 18

$pre_append is images/images_big/

substr return value is iseMiniLuna

return value is images/images_big/iseMiniLuna

Hi Dreamscape if you're still around...can you help?

If not, can anyone else give a hint ?

Here is the function in catalog/includes/functions/dynamic_mopics.php with my echos:

function mopics_get_imagebase($image, $pre_append = '') {
  //DBG
  echo '$image is ' . $image . "<br>\n"; 
  echo 'DYNAMIC_MOPICS_MAINTHUMB_IN_THUMBS_DIR is ' . DYNAMIC_MOPICS_MAINTHUMB_IN_THUMBS_DIR  . "<br>\n"; 
  echo 'strlen(DYNAMIC_MOPICS_THUMBS_DIR)  is ' . strlen(DYNAMIC_MOPICS_THUMBS_DIR)  . "<br>\n"; 
  echo 'strlen(DYNAMIC_MOPICS_MAINTHUMB_IN_THUMBS_DIR)  is ' . strlen(DYNAMIC_MOPICS_MAINTHUMB_IN_THUMBS_DIR)  . "<br>\n"; 
  echo 'strrpos($image, \'.\')  is ' . strrpos($image, '.')  . "<br>\n"; 
  echo '$pre_append is ' . $pre_append  . "<br>\n"; 
  echo 'substr return value is ' . substr($image, ((DYNAMIC_MOPICS_MAINTHUMB_IN_THUMBS_DIR == 'true') ? strlen(DYNAMIC_MOPICS_THUMBS_DIR) : 0), ((DYNAMIC_MOPICS_MAINTHUMB_IN_THUMBS_DIR == 'true') ? (strrpos($image, '.') - strlen(DYNAMIC_MOPICS_THUMBS_DIR)) : strrpos($image, '.')) ) . "<br>\n";
  echo 'return value is ' . $pre_append . substr($image, ((DYNAMIC_MOPICS_MAINTHUMB_IN_THUMBS_DIR == 'true') ? strlen(DYNAMIC_MOPICS_THUMBS_DIR) : 0), ((DYNAMIC_MOPICS_MAINTHUMB_IN_THUMBS_DIR == 'true') ? (strrpos($image, '.') - strlen(DYNAMIC_MOPICS_THUMBS_DIR)) : strrpos($image, '.')) );
  //END DBG
	return $pre_append . substr($image, ((DYNAMIC_MOPICS_MAINTHUMB_IN_THUMBS_DIR == 'true') ? strlen(DYNAMIC_MOPICS_THUMBS_DIR) : 0), ((DYNAMIC_MOPICS_MAINTHUMB_IN_THUMBS_DIR == 'true') ? (strrpos($image, '.') - strlen(DYNAMIC_MOPICS_THUMBS_DIR)) : strrpos($image, '.')) );
}

THANKS A ZILLION !

-i.

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.