• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Dynamic MoPics

dreamscape

Hey there Dreamscape. I PM'd the login details and stuff, so you can check out my page. Ive tried to resolve it for 2 months (i know it sounds crazy) with no luck but a few suggestions. I come to you now, hoping this can be fixed. Please help, no one else can

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dreamscape did the PM get to you?

Yes I got it and all of your images are "fixed". I PMed you how to avoid or fix the problem in the future, which by the way is not a problem that has anything at all to do with my module, but rather a problem that exists in some osCommerce installations where the admin will not allow the products image to be updated for one reason or another.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have been using this mod on a store for about a month now and it works so well for my client's needs. Thank you!

I am now creating another store that requires a little tweaking to the layout of the images and I was hoping you could help. My knowledge of PHP syntax is poor so I've just been taking existing code and using that as a guide, but after a lot of trying nothing has worked. I'm sure it's something very simple! :blush:

On the product page I'd like the first image to show up as the full size image instead of the thumbnail. For instance, images/big/product.jpg would display at full size rather than showing the thumbnail images/product.jpg and having that link to images/big/product.jpg. All other images would display like normal, a thumbnail that links to a big image.

Can anyone help me with this code?

I finally got the code working! And of course, it was just a matter of finding the right syntax.

The product_info.php file (around line 125 for me) now reads

<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . IN_IMAGE_BIGIMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], null, null, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"'); ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . IN_IMAGE_BIGIMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], null, null, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"'); ?>
</noscript>

This displays the full size product image without a link, and then the Dynamic MoPics include below it displays the rest of the product thumbnails as links to the larger images.

I have installed Mopics and cannot get the thumbs to show up.

I created a directory under catalog/thumbs and catalog/images_big

What do we name the thumbs and big images to determine what product they go with? I know you said to upload 1 image and the rest to these new directories, but it still shows "coming soon" on product_info.php

If I name the first image 1.jpg, what are the rest named?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
I have installed Mopics and cannot get the thumbs to show up.

I created a directory under catalog/thumbs and catalog/images_big

What do we name the thumbs and big images to determine what product they go with? I know you said to upload 1 image and the rest to these new directories, but it still shows "coming soon" on product_info.php

If I name the first image 1.jpg, what are the rest named?

Hi

Dont know if you have got this sorted out yet, but if your main image is 1.jpg and you add extra images to the product, the thumb would be called 1_pic1.jpg and the big would be called 1_pic1.jpg both uploaded too there own directory.

Ok now onto my question, how do you display the additional images for upcoming products?

Can someone please supply a link to a website that has this "MoPics" contribution working please, as I need to show a client if it would be suitable.

Hi. I'm the author of this contribution, so of coarse I use it. Virtually all of our products have about 4 extra images, so you can view any of them to see it working. Here is a direct link to one product in particular that has 12 extra images:

http://www.madmacgames.com/games/warcraft_...ozen_throne/112

- Edmund Burke

dreamscape,

Any idea how you get the images to show on upcoming products?

I'm not sure what you mean. All products use the same products.php page, so it will work for any product.

- Edmund Burke

I'm not sure what you mean.  All products use the same products.php page, so it will work for any product.

Thats what i thought, but if the product is not for release until sometime in the future on the product info page it does not display the extra images.

Anybody else have this or is it just me?

Hi,

Just to make sure I have the right contribution. When I search for 'MoPics' I get:

More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2

UltraPics - MS2 Image Addon Pack!

popup_image V 1.0

Dynamic MoPics

I'm assuming of course, by looking through this thread, that the last one is the correct one, however when I downloaded the latest (5 Aug 2003 - Dynamic MoPics v2.2), and looked at the install, I cannot see how just 2 PHP files can do what is shown here:

There must be another contribution, to have the product info/price/image, then text, then some images, then more text ??

Thanks,

Peter

I'm assuming of course, by looking through this thread, that the last one is the correct one, however when I downloaded the latest (5 Aug 2003 - Dynamic MoPics v2.2), and looked at the install, I cannot see how just 2 PHP files can do what is shown here:

There must be another contribution, to have the product info/price/image, then text, then some images, then more text ??

No, I use my own Dynamic MoPics. Only 2 files are required because it finds the extra images dynamically, based on a naming scheme you enter into admin. In the admin page of the product, you just either (1) upload the main thumbnail or (2) specify where you will place it, and then just FTP up all the extra images. Because you give them a naming scheme, the module automatically finds and displays them where you insert the module into the products into page.

On my site, it shows some text, the extra images, and then some more text, because I have modified the database to contain multiple text fields for each product instead of just a description (platform, boxsize, description, features, requirements, etc).

Edited by dreamscape

- Edmund Burke

Anybody else have this or is it just me?

I would guess it is just you. Check that you did not stick the call to the module inside of some conditional statement that might make it only show if the product has been released.

- Edmund Burke

I would guess it is just you.  Check that you did not stick the call to the module inside of some conditional statement that might make it only show if the product has been released.

Thanks Dream,

Thats what i thought i might have done because the images are displayed right above the "release date" I will have a look at the code tonight.

Cheers

Hi,

Well, the contribution installed no problems, and works okay, thanks. The only mod I made was to comment out this line in popup_image.php

//echo DIR_FS_CATALOG . $image_path . $image_base . $image_addon . $image_ext . '<br>';

I don't like giving the general public my login username. :D

Peter

I?ve installed Dynamic_Mopics 2.2 and it seems that there aren?t trobles but....

I don?t understand.

First.

The images no show paco.gif paco_1.gif paco_2.gif

Show Coming soon instead of the images?

What can I do?

T?tulo Valor Acci?n

Big Images Directory images_big/

Thumbnail Images Directory thumbs/

Main Thumbnail In Thumb Directory false

Number of Pics per Row 4

Mo Pics Extension

Main Big Pic Extension

Mo Pics Thumbnail Image Type gif

Mo Pics Big Image Type gif

Big Images Directory

The directory inside catalog/ images where your big images are stored.

I?ll try to explain better because my english is very bad.

I?ve installed dynamic mopics foloww the steps of install.txt .Ok

Later make into catalog/images two directories images_big and thumbs

The image product is paco.gif and copy other images into images_big and thumbs

called paco_1.gif paco_2.gif

I don?t see any image. and say coming soon ?What am I making bad?

Could you see http://desarrollo.pagoseguro.com.es/catalog

Thanks