Latest News: (loading..)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greasemonkey

Almost done my upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3

Hey everyone, I'm in the process of upgrading my store from 2.2ms2 to 2.3.3... I installed a fresh 2.3.3 and have it running with all my addon's and contributions installed with the stock DB.

I double checked by comparing all tables in the 2 databases to be sure and then proceeded to "test" upgrade my live 2.2 database using the scripts found here; http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8731

To be extra cautious I don't screw anything up with the configuration tables etc I then created a new fresh copy of my working 2.3.3 DB emptied all the address book, categories, customers, discount_coupons, headertags, manufactures, orders, prodcuts, reviews and specials etc etc... tables.

I then dumped these same tables from my earlier upgraded 2.2 DB in there place... Everything seemed to work... (it wasn't that bad actually).

The only thing I notice is the size of the database is larger... almost 5 mg larger.

I didn't bring any of the sessions or cache tables over... Is this because of adding varchar 255?

What have other people experienced?

Thank you @@Gergely

I'm trying a different route now... I have always used the discount_coupon_to_customer exclusions and now see how HUGE it is. So I think I may truncate all the exclusions (that one table is much bigger than the increase from the upgrade...lol)

I notice something else maybe you could help with? The product descriptions from 2.2 have some basic html (<p> for example)... and seems to be translating in 2.3 with an indent - should the html be stripped and a WYSWYG editor be installed? I never had one in 2.2... Is this typical for 2.3?

As an example;

Starting a new paragraph in 2.2.... is..

Starting a new paragraph in 2.3

Not a huge big deal... but it doesn't look right.

Scott

lol... never mind...

I found the problem was in the css. I had set the text-indent: to 20px.... set back to 0 and all is good.

Still curious... are most people using a text editor?