9 hours ago, Owl Sauron said:

this error happens when you try to use the view counter report tool in the admin area.

Which error? The max connections or the defined names. If the latter, as mentioned, there are not any in the latest version.

On 11/8/2018 at 12:53 PM, Jack_mcs said:

Which error? The max connections or the defined names. If the latter, as mentioned, there are not any in the latest version.

Greetings again.

Changing the DB to utf8 and the engine from InnoDB to MyISAM solved the problem.

Yep, the new version has it all hardcoded, but that is not described in the installing manual. We have to compare the chnaged files. Please update the install manual.

This module is a must in any installation. Keep it on!

Many thanks for the support!

On 11/8/2018 at 12:53 PM, Jack_mcs said:

found something you might want to fix:

[11-Nov-2018 09:35:53 Europe/Lisbon] PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(DIR_WS_LANGUAGESportugues/view_counter/view_counter_footer.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in.........

find in:

admin/includes/languages/english/view_counter/view_counter_definitions.php

line 2: $contactHelp = file_get_contents(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/view_counter/view_counter_footer.txt');

replace by:

$contactHelp = file_get_contents('includes/languages/' . $language . '/view_counter/view_counter_footer.txt');

48 minutes ago, Owl Sauron said:

found something you might want to fix:

Thank you for pointing that out. I see the other language files in that location also use the definition so they all need to be changed.

Almost have version 1.8 working. I don't see any errors but it only displays my admin clicks and doesn't show any clicks for visitors. Any idea how to debug this issue? Thanks!

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

I don't know what might be causing that problem. Normally, if there is a problem like this, it is the other way around - the shop can be seen but not the admin. Please make sure the code changes have been made to the shops application_top.php file. And check both configure files to make sure the  STORE_SESSIONS setting is set the same.  You might also want to check what php version is being used. This addon should work with 7.0 but I haven't tested it above that.  Other than those, I can't think of what else it might be. It would require troubleshooting at that point.

On 12/28/2018 at 7:41 AM, Jack_mcs said:

I don't know what might be causing that problem. Normally, if there is a problem like this, it is the other way around - the shop can be seen but not the admin. Please make sure the code changes have been made to the shops application_top.php file. And check both configure files to make sure the  STORE_SESSIONS setting is set the same.  You might also want to check what php version is being used. This addon should work with 7.0 but I haven't tested it above that.  Other than those, I can't think of what else it might be. It would require troubleshooting at that point.

It's working fine now, just had to wait until I got some visitors since it's a new site. My .htaccess file didn't load because it was too large I think. I had blocked every ip range from china and there were thousands of lines. I deleted all those lines and it loads ok now. I tested the block country feature using the internal setting and it works good, although no way to delete country from database once selected. It would be great to be able to block by ASN as well. Thanks for creating this great and incredibly useful Addon. Happy new year!  🎆

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

1 hour ago, Smoky Barnable said:

no way to delete country from database once selected

I'm not sure I understand this. To block a country, you add it to the list in the Country Blocking tool. To unblock a country, you remove it from the list. Is that what you mean? If not, please explain.