Latest News: (loading..)
Jack_mcs

View Counter

458 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi Jack,

Really nice Add-on, confusing at beginning but after some testing, we can get it how it work...

Really useful... thank you for your wok....

I installed this on a 2.34 pure oscommerce. All working very nice. Installed another add-on..... And something goes wrong which was not your add-on..

So I deleted the shop and re-upload the shop via FTP...

I take a mysql backup and uploaded it... I reinstalled View Counter..

All is working fine again.. The only problem which I didn't see in this thread is when I click on Monitor, all work good but the only problem I see is it not showing the color column like Bot color, green for admin and etc... It show the same color for everybody,  that the only problem I have, The rest, all is ok, having zip error, weird !!!! 

What is the problem ??? 

Edited by Jeep_ice

Thank you for the answer...

Like I said, All is working good except the color not working.. I go in the color and when I chose color or a preconfig color like autumn... 

It will not change.. Nothing.... Very weird... I try to understand why everything work but not the color...

Forget it, all is working now... I don't know why.... I just played with the color and all is good.... 

Great Add-on....

Hello Jack,  Thank you very much for all your hard work and this addon.  I installed it on my osCommerce BS site and it seems to be working fine.  However, every once in a while my site locks up (I think it occurs when using the View Counter pages on the admin side but I'm not 100%)... I tracked it down to a query that is being made which won't complete and locks up the entire site.  Below is what my hosting gave me (I assume from an error file) with the database name removed.  I tried to find where the query is in the code but I don't see it.  I noticed in admin/database_tables.php that the View Counter tables don't optimize.  Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

| 607836 | XXX | localhost | XXX | Query | 11596 | Waiting for table metadata lock | optimize table view_counter | 0.000 |
| 607837 | XXX | localhost | XXX | Query | 11596 | Waiting for table level lock | optimize table view_counter | 0.000 |

No one has ever reported this problem before and I've not seen it with View Counter so I don't know why it is happening. If you are using a version of oscommerce that lets you convert database tables, please try using the change to UTF option. That will switch the tables to InnoDB, which is not immune to this problem but less likely for it to occur.

View Counter stores a lot of data so if your site is very busy, it could be that this happens during extra busy times. But either way, you can try turning off the flag option and the block country option, if it is enabled, to see if that eliminates the problem.

Hi Jack.  Thank you for replying.  I cloned my site and db on a subdomain for testing. I converted all tables to UTF per your suggestion.  I see now where in application_top.php where the optimize query was being made...  To test I removed the if's around each query block so that it would optimize on every admin page reload.  It seems to be working fine!  So, I think conversion to UTF did the trick!  Thank you Jack!

It looks like I spoke too soon... It's still doing the same thing... I'm going to dig into it a little more and post what I find.  Thanks.