• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

View Counter

9 hours ago, Owl Sauron said:

this error happens when you try to use the view counter report tool in the admin area.

Which error? The max connections or the defined names. If the latter, as mentioned, there are not any in the latest version.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

On 11/8/2018 at 12:53 PM, Jack_mcs said:

Which error? The max connections or the defined names. If the latter, as mentioned, there are not any in the latest version.

Greetings again.

Changing the DB to utf8 and the engine from InnoDB to MyISAM solved the problem.

Yep, the new version has it all hardcoded, but that is not described in the installing manual. We have to compare the chnaged files. Please update the install manual.

This module is a must in any installation. Keep it on!

Many thanks for the support!

On 11/8/2018 at 12:53 PM, Jack_mcs said:

found something you might want to fix:

[11-Nov-2018 09:35:53 Europe/Lisbon] PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(DIR_WS_LANGUAGESportugues/view_counter/view_counter_footer.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in.........

find in:

admin/includes/languages/english/view_counter/view_counter_definitions.php

line 2: $contactHelp = file_get_contents(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/view_counter/view_counter_footer.txt');

replace by:

$contactHelp = file_get_contents('includes/languages/' . $language . '/view_counter/view_counter_footer.txt');

48 minutes ago, Owl Sauron said:

found something you might want to fix:

Thank you for pointing that out. I see the other language files in that location also use the definition so they all need to be changed.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Almost have version 1.8 working. I don't see any errors but it only displays my admin clicks and doesn't show any clicks for visitors. Any idea how to debug this issue? Thanks!

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

I don't know what might be causing that problem. Normally, if there is a problem like this, it is the other way around - the shop can be seen but not the admin. Please make sure the code changes have been made to the shops application_top.php file. And check both configure files to make sure the  STORE_SESSIONS setting is set the same.  You might also want to check what php version is being used. This addon should work with 7.0 but I haven't tested it above that.  Other than those, I can't think of what else it might be. It would require troubleshooting at that point.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

On 12/28/2018 at 7:41 AM, Jack_mcs said:

I don't know what might be causing that problem. Normally, if there is a problem like this, it is the other way around - the shop can be seen but not the admin. Please make sure the code changes have been made to the shops application_top.php file. And check both configure files to make sure the  STORE_SESSIONS setting is set the same.  You might also want to check what php version is being used. This addon should work with 7.0 but I haven't tested it above that.  Other than those, I can't think of what else it might be. It would require troubleshooting at that point.

It's working fine now, just had to wait until I got some visitors since it's a new site. My .htaccess file didn't load because it was too large I think. I had blocked every ip range from china and there were thousands of lines. I deleted all those lines and it loads ok now. I tested the block country feature using the internal setting and it works good, although no way to delete country from database once selected. It would be great to be able to block by ASN as well. Thanks for creating this great and incredibly useful Addon. Happy new year!  🎆

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

1 hour ago, Smoky Barnable said:

no way to delete country from database once selected

I'm not sure I understand this. To block a country, you add it to the list in the Country Blocking tool. To unblock a country, you remove it from the list. Is that what you mean? If not, please explain.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 year later...

Forgive me if this has been asked or explained elsewhere.  I searched this topic for "Trap warning" and although several posts were flagged they all seem to deal with the installation and errors others were having with View Topic installs.

When I arrived at my desk this morning I had this email waiting on me 

Subj: View counter IP Trap warning for IP 5.101.0.209

The IP 5.101.0.209 attempted to alter the url in a way that is consistent with hacking attempts.

******* This IP should be banned *******.

Click this url, http://www.projecthoneypot.org/ip_5.101.0.209, to find out more information about this IP.

My question is simple - while I assume that it is/was View Counter that wants "Projecthoneypot.org" to be visited and notified - WHO/WHAT is the "Projecthoneypot.org" organization?  

Yes I have read the "About" on the site but it also refers to this "To participate in Project Honey Pot, webmasters need only install the Project Honey Pot software somewhere on their website. "

I KNOW that I did NOT install their software ANYWHERE on my server.

What's going on?

This is just for information only.  Project honey pot software isn't installed.  Their site allows you to see what others are stating for the IP address identified.  You can leave comment too!  Just ban the IP to stop the event happening again.  Hope that helps.

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

Jack suggested that if we do not cater / sell to a particular country that it should probably be banned to prevent spam and bandwidth usage.

Since I am really just learning to use View Counter how is the best way to ban an entire country?

BJ

13 hours ago, Chadduck said:

Since I am really just learning to use View Counter how is the best way to ban an entire country?

Go to adminSite Monitor->Tools, select the Block Country option, highlight and save the countries you want to block. Then go to admin->Configuration->View counter and enable country blocking. If you are using things from google like google remarketing, be sure to check the option for not blocking search engines.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

Have done the above with the Block Country.  It has eliminated much of the issues we have discussed (both publicly and privately) and for that I am thankful.

However, the country Hong Kong is NOT in the "Choose the countries to be blocked" list.   And while I am aware I can ban the individual IP - the IP is does not seem to be re-used nor the same on the report see graphic.  

Suggestions?

BJ

view_counter 1.JPG

3 hours ago, Chadduck said:

However, the country Hong Kong is NOT in the "Choose the countries to be blocked" list. 

The non-Pro version uses a list of countries that may not be complete. You can edit the includes/view_counter_countries_list.txt file to add the missing ones.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...

No, I haven't. There isn't a specific version for Phoenix, so a few core changes would be needed. And those changes would have to be made manually. The instructions for the Frozen version should be close enough to do that.  There is a version for Phoenix in the works but I don't have a date for that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...

looks awesome and can't wait for Phoenix update, please PM when available to purchase the pro version for Phoenix

Jim Bullen - President

The Cigar Hut Group of Companies

Installed add-ons: (that now need to be upgraded to OSC CE Phoenix)

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 9:31 PM, cigarsforless said:

please PM when available to purchase the pro version for Phoenix

PM sent.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with the changes shown below.

First, the bad news: due to changes in the new code supplied by IP2Location, a minimum php version of 7.1 is required to use this version. It should be possible to get it to work on shops using versions less than 7.1 but that is beyond the scope of free support.

On the other hand, the good news is that IP2Location now updates the databases every month. They were supposed to do this with the old method but didn't always to that. The updated databases means the results are more accurate.

This version fixes many problems in the last version as well as makes many improvements. If you are upgrading, please be sure to follow the instructions in the update file. Since there are so many changes in this version, I strongly recommend that all files and all View Counter database tables in your shop be backed up so that a restore can be done, if needed.

• Added a Phoenix version.
  • Added a setting to hold the database name and a tool in Tools to set it.
  • Added an option to ignore IPv6 ip's.
  • Added an option to view reports as a graph for those reports that can use it.
  • Added more hacker checks.
  • Added more robot checks.
  • Added code to delete all deny entries in the .htaccess file. Used for total blocking from the database.
  • Added code to the Maintainance section in Tools to provide a way to clear tables.
  • Added a checkbox to the reports section to allow choosing which database table to use (standard or storage).
  • Added the database name to the hidden section for quick identification.
  • Changed code to use the new databases provided by IP2Location.
  • Changed code to no longer use the tep_validate_ip_address function.
  • Changed the send email option to allow sending to multiple email addresses.
  • Changed the hacker/spoofing checking code to use a common functions.
  • Changed definitions in the language files to true paths. Found by member @Owl Sauron.
  • Changed code for the ShowCart function to use a default language if one not found.
  • Changed the column sorting code in the Monitor section to work better.
  • Cleaned up html and css code to fix various mistakes or to improve it.
  • Changed the bot checking code for speed.
  • Fixed code that prevented a domain name from being blocked.
  • Fixed Fast Clicks and Path Tracker reports to display a not found message if the entered IP could not be found in the database.
  • Fixed code that prevented IP ranges and CIDR's from being blocked from the Monitor page.
  • Fixed code in many places that were causing php warnings.
  • Fixed the bad trap code where it wasn't blocking some violators.
  • Fixed the code that handles the Ignore IP's, which were not being used.
  • Fixed mistake in the hacker checking code that prevented the blocking of some hackers.
  • Increased the size of the isadmin field to accomodate longer url's.
  • Made a number of cosmetic changes and improvements.
  • Removed the files used for older oscommerce versions.
  • Removed the visitor stats from the hidden section of the Monitor page to decrease page loading time..
  • Replaced images in admin with font-awesome icons.
  • Replaced the file used for country blocking, which had 196 items, with a complete countries and territories list of 323 items.
  • Replaced the three database installer scripts with one file for easier updates.
  • Updated the spectrum color code to the latest version.

PRO VERSION ONLY:

• Added email tracking records the details of all emails sent from the shop to help identify spammers (Pro version only).
  • Added an option to prevent creating an account if the account details contain one of the bad words (Pro version only).
  • Added an option to prevent a second account from being created if it is added too soon after the first one (Pro version only).
  • Added an option to view the cart contents inline, instead of the default popup, on the monitor page (Pro version only).
  • Added a "Hackers Only" type in the monitor section to quickly display caught hacking attempts (Pro Version only).
  • Added a panel showing the blocked IP's (catches mistake of over-blocking) (Pro version only).
  • Added page control to the Email report (Pro version only).
  • Added popup display of the messages in Email report (Pro version only).
  • Added the Bad Words tool to allow handling the bad words used in various options (Pro version only).
  • Added the Email report to monitor emails sent by the contact us page to allow blocking of the IP used (Pro version only).
  • Added the Flag Count report to display traffic by flag (Pro version only).
  • Added the Traffic Analyzer report which breaks down the total connections to type of connection (Pro version only).
  • Added the User Agent report to display traffic by search bot and to block them via the robots file (Pro version only).
  • Added the Word Tracker report to show searches on the shop by word count (Pro version only).
  • Added code to handle IPv6 ip's. Experimental at this time (Pro version only).
  • Added a script to automatically download the database (Pro version only).
  • Fixed mistake in reports where the email report prevented switching reports (Pro Version only).
  • Fixed mistake in reports for the missing skimmers report (Pro Version only).

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons