• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

View Counter

No, no one has ever mentioned something like that. I can't see how View Counter could cause such a problem but I would need to see the error to be sure.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

Jack,

I'm glad I found this addon. It will be a great tool once I fully understand it's workings.

Where's 'not_for_use.php'? It was not in the uploads. I encounter this in admin on view_counter_color.php at the bottom when I try to go to the next page. 

Also, can I view the visitors on my site in real time? If so, where?

Thanks for your time.

There isn't such a file. The color section is for setting colors - nothing else. So if you try to click on some item it says not for use. To monitor who's online, click on the monitor link.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

@@Jack_mcs

Hi Jack :)

Yep me again.... :D and always in a different topic of yours.

I installed this View Counter of yours....and so far it runs good. Had little bit trouble uploading a 488MB BIN file to the server but I got it done.

The only minor issue I encountered so far is when going to "View Counter Reports" -> "IP Counts" and then click on an IP address i get redirected to this URL

www.ipinfodb.com/ip_locator.php?ip=xx.xxx.xxx.xx

and just see a blank empty page. If I go directly to http://www.ipinfodb.com/ip_locator.php I can insert the IP address directly into the input field and search for it.

Could it be that they changed their searching system and don't attach the IP address to the URL anymore?

Well like I said just a minor issue which is probably not needed since there is a whole bunch of info in the Monitor area.

Thanks and regards

Lambros

Edited by Tsimi

Yes, they changed that a while ago, thus the reason for that large database, I just haven't changed that code yet. Thanks for mentioning it though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, is this addon suitable for Osc 2.3.4 with bootstrap?

I'll test if necessary.

Regards

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

@@Jack_mcs

Hi Jack :)

Yep me again.... :D and always in a different topic of yours.

I installed this View Counter of yours....and so far it runs good. Had little bit trouble uploading a 488MB BIN file to the server but I got it done.

The only minor issue I encountered so far is when going to "View Counter Reports" -> "IP Counts" and then click on an IP address i get redirected to this URL

www.ipinfodb.com/ip_locator.php?ip=xx.xxx.xxx.xx

and just see a blank empty page. If I go directly to http://www.ipinfodb.com/ip_locator.php I can insert the IP address directly into the input field and search for it.

Could it be that they changed their searching system and don't attach the IP address to the URL anymore?

Well like I said just a minor issue which is probably not needed since there is a whole bunch of info in the Monitor area.

Thanks and regards

Lambros

Yes, they changed that a while ago, thus the reason for that large database, I just haven't changed that code yet. Thanks for mentioning it though.

http://www.ipinfodb.com/ip_location_api.php

It looks like you need to create an account with them, and be assigned an API key.

Malcolm

Osc 2.3.4 BS Gold

trying to install the view counter addon.

ok, I must be missing something, or I'm not understanding?

I've uploaded the new files, the next step tells me to goto http://myhost/view_counter_install.php

But this contains a require statement, which isn't found, because I assume the environment isnt setup.

So how can this file be run to update the DB

regards

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

You have to have a working shop in order to use the file. The file only requires the application_top file, which is present in all oscommerce shops.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to have a working shop in order to use the file. The file only requires the application_top file, which is present in all oscommerce shops.

@@Jack_mcs, I'm testing in a test server, on a PC, so when you say a working shop, is that a live shop?

Is so, How you I test the addon, before I go live.

I could just strip out the SQL and apply manually. is that a solution.

Regards

Mike

A working shop means you can load a page and click around in the shop. Whenever I install it into a shop, I do so here locally first and never have a problem with the script working. You can extract the commands though if it still fails.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs, sorry, my mistake, the php script file wasn't in the web root directory, database now updated.

I must do these tasks when I have no interruptions ;-)

regards

Mike

I'll post back when all is up and running, thanks, addon looks really good!

@@Jack_mcs, up and running on the test server, 2.3.4 BS Gold.  looks ok, and will be very useful. Thanks for the great add-on!

I've finished upgrading to BS gold, so my next task is to replace the current live shop. With a bit of luck that should be the easy task ;-)

Regards

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

@@Jack_mcs

i have the addon installed on a test server.  just noticed that the box headings under "modules" all have the title "view counter".  see attached pic

I've looked thru the code and can't identify the problem.  Have you seen this before?

Regards

Mike

post-328457-0-10148000-1431637208_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is a known issue that has been fixed in the non-released version. In admin/includes/languages/English/view_counter.php, replace this line

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'View Counter');

with this one

define('HEADING_TITLE_VC', 'View Counter');

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Question.... when you hover over the filename in the monitor, it states what's in the basket, however on many occiasions it states the session ID does not exist or is invalid.  What does that mean?

regards

Mike

The visitor is assigned a session ID while on the shop. It is only good for a certain amount of time, depending upon your code. And if you have the recreate sessions option set, it gets changed with each click. So when the session ID for that customer has expired, for whatever reason, you will see that message.

To be clear for those that are not aware of it, the session ID is assigned by the oscommerce code, not by View Counters.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs, thanks, that explans it a bit.

btw, the addon is working well, and is very useful.  Thanks for the support.

Mike

Hello Jack,

Question #1:

In the install file (instructions) I read:

If your shop doesn't have the GeoIP.dat and geoip.inc files in admin/includes/, upload the ones in the Extra directory.

On my website I already have those files in the directory admin/includes/GeoIP/.

Where should I look for references to those files in the View Counter .php files (to subsequently adapt the links, reflecting my own file location)?

Question #2:

The suggested IP2Location™ DB24 Sample BIN database, expands to nearly 500MB when unzipped. Do you need all the detailed information involved or could I settle for a smaller DB? Which one would you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Dennis

1 - I'm not somewhere where I can check that but I think it is in the view_counter file in the admin's classes directory. Or you could search the files for it.

2 - When you scroll over an IP in the monitor section, it will display details. If you use a smaller database, not all of the details will be available. You can easily switch them since they all will be named the same so try a small one and if that isn't good for you, try a larger one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Added a setting so that the block country function can be turned off and on.
  • Added a setting to control the length of the names of the categories, manufacturers and products displayed in the monitor and reports sections.
  • Added a setting to control the date format. Two examples are given but any valid date format string will work.
  • Added code to display the manufacturers name beside the url parameters.
  • Added code to skip IPv6 IP's since they were causing errors in some cases.
  • Added a note to the colors page to show it is not for normal use since many were confused about its purpose.
  • Changed Path Tracker report so it now shows the name of the category or product.
  • Changed help code so slashes are handled correctly in the popups.
  • Changed popup code so it opens correctly in all shops.
  • Changed the code in the block county module to try using curl before file_get-contents.
  • Created a database updater that correctly remembers previous settings.
  • Fixed a problem with the country blocking code that failed onsome shops.
  • Renamed HEADING_TITLE in the admin language file. It is not used, other than display, and can cause conflicts with addons that use that name.
  • Updated the IP2Location class file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack

I have installed your application on my "localhost" to check before launching.

I have two questions for you:

You said in your " Install Text File":

6) In admin/includes/column_left.php, look for require(DIR_WS_BOXES...

or include(DIR_WS_BOXES..., and add this line before it:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'view_counter.php');

I am not able to find the sentence so what to do??