• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

View Counter

@@Jack_mcs I fully appreciate you have no control or influence on ipinfodb.com but I am having problems creating an account. I have downloaded the .bin file as per your instructions but I cannot get past the registration page to get the API, their server just times out. Have you had anybody else reporting similar problems?

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

If you mean the time that is displayed In the monitor section, that is formatted as it is read from the database in the admin/view_counter.php file. Search for date_format to find it.

Yes, that's it

Change of; DATE_FORMAT(last_date, '%a, %D %T')

to

DATE_FORMAT(last_date, '%a, %D %r')

Hello Jack,

I hope you can help me with this. The monitor-page shows a white screen.

I'm using OSC 2.3.3.4 and your incredible add-on.

Everything else in View Counter seems te word fine. Except the monitor page :(

API key installed, DB installed, shows all available data in section Reports, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Kees

@@KeesB A white screen almost always means a mistake in the installation. I suggest going over the changes to the shop files to see if one was missed. Such a failure will usually show up in the error_log file in admin, if that is enabled.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@KeesB A white screen almost always means a mistake in the installation. I suggest going over the changes to the shop files to see if one was missed. Such a failure will usually show up in the error_log file in admin, if that is enabled.

Thank you for your answer.

I have look all over OSC and view counter but could not find whare I can enable error-logging.

I'm a newbee, I'm sorry for that ;-)

Most servers (But not all) will have a file called error_log or php5_error_log which you can see best way by ftp at the root level catalog/ ..... and catalog/admin

Handy tool for finding mistakes

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

@@KeesB If you don't have the file that John mentioned, in the admin/view_counter.php file, right after the includes application_top line 9near the top) add the following:

error_reporting(E_ALL); 
 ini_set('display_errors','1');

If there is a fatal error, it should show up there. It will be the last one.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

@@KeesB If you don't have the file that John mentioned, in the admin/view_counter.php file, right after the includes application_top line 9near the top) add the following:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','1');

If there is a fatal error, it should show up there. It will be the last one.

@@joli1811: Sorry to say, I don't have such error log :-(

@@Jack_mcs: Screen Error Reporting works fine, thanx for mentioning it!

I get a big full screen of errors. The last one, the fatal error is like this:

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/IP2Location.php' (include_path='.:/usr/syno/php/lib/php') in /volume1/web/dirname/admindir/view_counter.php on line 22

Checking the install manual, there is no mention of this file in this directory, not even a file with this name in the archive.

In the archive I found the file: ip2locationlite.class.php

Following the Fatal Error, I renamed it to IP2Location.php en copied it to /includes/classes

No change, same Fatal Error

Changed its naam to IP2Location.class.php

Again no change

I hope this is enough information to you, to find a solution....

Thanx in advance!

Edited by KeesB

Update of half an hour later: ;-)

In /admindir/includes/classes I found the same file (ip2locationlite.class.php).

Just to be sure I also renamed it:

I renamed it to IP2Location.php

No change, same Fatal Error

Changed its naam to IP2Location.class.php

Again no change

@@Jack_mcs I'm having a similar issue trying to install that @@KeesB mentioned.

Line 20 of view_counter.php is;

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'IP2Location.php');

But there is no file IP2Location.php. As mentioned the file class file is ip2locationlite.class.php. I've double checked older versions and it would seem line 20 should have been or the file should be named IP2Location.php;

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'ip2locationlite.class.php');

Duh, I see this was answered previously....

@@Jack_mcs I'm having a similar issue trying to install that @@KeesB mentioned.

Line 20 of view_counter.php is;

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'IP2Location.php');

But there is no file IP2Location.php. As mentioned the file class file is ip2locationlite.class.php. I've double checked older versions and it would seem line 20 should have been or the file should be named IP2Location.php;

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'ip2locationlite.class.php');

That problem has been answered in this thread.

You're absolutely right @@Jack_mcs! I'm sorry I didn't find it myself.

Although I'm still having problems with it, I'm out of time right now.

I will reinstall everything and see what happens.

Thanx for your assistence!!

@@Jack_mcs ok sorry to bug again... I'm receiving the following error on the monitor (after I downloaded the new class file IP2Location.php).

]Fatal error[/b]: Class 'PEAR_Exception' not found in /home/******/public_html/sandbox/****/includes/classes/IP2Location.php on line 102

Does this mean I don't have PEAR installed on my server? I'm currently at php 5.2.17 - I'm presuming this should be upgraded to at least 5.3...

Could I use previous version which uses ip2locationlite.class.php in the meanwhile?

Edited by greasemonkey

It should work on 5.2 without any problems. The code at that location is trying to use PEAR to display an error. It can't find PEAR, thus the error. But you don't need PEAR for any other reason, that I know of so once the code is working, you don't need to worry about PEAR. I think the reason of the failure is probably because you don't have the admin/includes/view_counterDB.BIN file. If that isn't the reason, then you will, after all, need PEAR to determine the failure.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

UH-OH!

Believe this is how it went down.

Clicked to ignore my IP

At a later time clicked the ignore list>my IP and the cleared that.

After that I was not able to access any of the site including admin.

Looked via phpMyAdmin in the data base view_counter_banned and do not see my IP.

It's possible that perhaps I inadvertently clicked at one point to ban rather the ignore my IP but don't recall doing that.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Ken

Edited by Ken_Shea

When you ban an IP, the code alters the .htaccess file in the root directory. If you restore that from a backup, the site should load again. If it was your IP you banned then that would explain the failure. But if it was some other IP, it shouldn't have happened so I don't know what may have caused it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If your shop uses those, yes. There's nothing in the installation that sets the collation. The database script uses whatever is default for the server.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Sessions change so that wouldn't be useful, that I can see. If you are wanting to see when actual customers visit (those with accounts), or something like that, that could be done.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I agree about the account visits. I was just throwing that out as an example. The session ID's have value, just not for long-term tracking. There is the IP Counts report that will show the count/IP. That would be for one visitor as long as they use the same IP, which most will. It's IP identifier code hasn't been switched over to the database method so that is not working but otherwise it does.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons