• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can I display a product in the categories box that has no category?

catalano

Hi All,

I'd like to be able to have a product that doesn't belong to a category. You can create such a product in the catalog section, but it won't display in the left column categories list. We have 3 categories defined and they have items in them, but we have one product which does not belong to any of these categories and we don't want to create a separate category for only 1 product. Is there a way to get that product to display in the categories box?

Thank You,

Chris

@@catalano

ALL products must be in category or sub-category. You can't have one product in NO category or sub-category because although it will show in the admin area, it will not display in the catalog.

Chris

Well, that's not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for clarifying.

Thank You.

@@catalano

ALL products must be in category or sub-category. You can't have one product in NO category or sub-category because although it will show in the admin area, it will not display in the catalog.

Chris

@@catalano You can edit the categories box and add a link to the product. It would be manual so if you wanted another product instead, the code would have to be altered again. The code would vary with the categories box you are using but near the bottom before it displays the list, add something like this (adjust code as needed):

$categories_str .= '<a href=" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=XX') . ">My Product</a>

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi ,

Maybe better to go for a hide categories addon

create the category / product then hide and just insert the link as Jack mcs suggested above !!

Regards

Joli

Great

PS: used this one recently on a 2.3 shop easy install

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5907

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Archived