• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL Suggestions?

gcextreme

You can get SSL certs for way lower than $200 , have a look at RapidSSL, PositiveSSL, AlphaSSL and GoDaddy SSL

@@gcextreme

All you really need is a standard SSL. The premium SSL (in my opinion) is really not necessary or with the added cost.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

It may be worth checking with your host company if they will accept a 3rd part SSL. For example, my sites are hosted on ipage, and they wouldn't accept a godaddy supplied ssl certificate. That was annoying, since godaddy had a great deal on SSL certificates.

@@djoffe

There are some good ones, some ok ones and some bad ones. The choice is yours, but when choosing one, ask questions and make sure they don't have restrictions that will prevent you from doing what you want to do at a reasonable price.

I am the reseller for a couple of what I consider 'good' ones as their servers are best configured for osCommerce websites.

Chris

And which ones are they???

Id like to be a reseller too...as a web developer, for my clients.

Right now i am hosting with a place cuz they have coldfusion support and the say they have several oscommerce site on their servers too.

@@gcextreme

Unfortunately, I believe the forum rules still prevent members from endorsing commercial products and services. So, as you just did (mentioned a commercial provider) your post will most likely be edited by a moderator to remove the name.

Edit: "the say they have several oscommerce site on their servers too." several is not even close. I have more than 1000 osCommerce sites on my reseller account for my clients. I often offer free hosting (1 yr) as part of a new site creation. Yes, Jan, I know this post will likely be edited.....lol

Chris

Archived