• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

membership options

MWebb

Is it possible to set up user memberships so that I can provide discounts to different users? For example I would like to have; a general account which would get the normal prie, a member of account which would have a discount and also have a retail account which would have a different discount.

Is this possible (or any suggestions to do something similar) and how would I set it up?

Have a look in the addons area for seperate price per customer or sppc. It will do what you want. it is a big install, but if your store is now it will be easier to upload and overwrite all the files rather than manually alter each one.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Ok I've tried installing the SPPC (I've also included the bug fixes) but when I refresh my shop I get this message come up.

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_group_id' in 'where clause'

select specials_new_products_price from specials where products_id = '22' and status and customers_group_id = '0'

[TEP STOP]

What have I done wrong in the installation? I used ftp to upload all of the files in the folders but when I refreshed the website it got this message.

Also when I try to go to the admin page I get this message

1146 - Table 'oscommerce_8.TABLE_ACTION_RECORDER' doesn't exist

select id from TABLE_ACTION_RECORDER where module = 'ar_admin_login' and (user_name = 'Admin' or identifier = '77.76.64.210') and date_added >= date_sub(now(), interval 5 minute) and success = 0 order by date_added desc limit 3

[TEP STOP]

Assuming that you have installed the top newest files for this addon, you will have to go back a few packages to find the full install files. Try the files by johnAtYM dated 8 march 2011 and start working your way forward. The install file will be much bigger.

I downloaded the files you suggested and when i uploaded them , i got this message.

1054 - Unknown column 's.customers_group_id' in 'where clause'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from products p, products_description pd, specials s where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id and pd.products_id = s.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and s.status = '1' and s.customers_group_id = '0' order by s.specials_date_added desc limit 10

[TEP STOP]

Hello

it's telling you that when it goes to look at the specials table in the database that it cannot find a field 'customers_group_id'

Someplace in the install there must be a .sql file or an instruction that updates your database to create this field as it is not a basic osC one

In the read me file it says this "Run the spcc_v421_install.sql database installation file on your MySQL database." would that be what your talking about? If so where is that located because I can't find it.

You will need to use phpmyadmin or similar to add the sql files to your database. this can either be done via your hosting provider account or by installing a small program on your computer to do this.

Ok, I've researched It and people are saying that I need to run a sql query, but they don't tell you how to do that or what to write for the query. Can someone tell me how to do this please?

@@MWebb

You need to get into phpMyAdmin, select the main DB for the site, hit the export tab..go to the bottom..."save as file" so you have a backup of the database. Once that's done, move to the import tab...hit the "choose file" button and browse to the "spcc_v421_install.sql" that came with the addon.

On a side note, it's not unwise to create a copy of your store in a parallel folder to your existing store, and create a second database for it.

Archived