• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Installation

MWebb

I am starting a new installation and I've put all the necessary details for the database server, such as; database server, user name, password and database name but for some reason when I click on continue, it comes up with the Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) message. I'm not entirely sure what's wrong and why it won't let me set it up.

I've installed oscommerce by using ftp and uploading it to the server.

Can anyone help please or point me in the right direction?

@@MWebb

In your hosting control panel, check the database settings and verify the username and password. Then, check the TWO configure.php files to ensure you have the correct database information.

Chris

Is there anything I need to particuarly change on those files? because I put there location in the address bar in my web browser and I get the message You do not have permission to access this document.

@@MWebb

You can't look at those files from a browser.....You have to FTP them to your local machine and open them with a text editor (notepad++ or editplus+)

Chris

There are many posts on these forums that explain about what both the configure files should look like. I suggest that you use the search feature to try to find what you want.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

right, I've changed the the 3 sections in both configure files to display the user, password and the database and uploaded it but it's still not letting me connect to the database server.

Archived