• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3.3

ufodepot

I have to upgrafe and am not very good with this stuff. I was looking for detailed instructions on the website to upgrade, but could not find any. Is there detiled instructions anywhere on exactly how to upgrade?

@@ufodepot

There is such, the documentation is in PDF format within download.

Look here: http://www.oscommerce.com/Products

You'll want the 2.3 section.

You have to go upgrades then version by version, there's instructions to take you from 2.2 to 2.3 for starters, then upgrade through various versions to 2.3.3

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i am also looking for the upgrade for my cart from v 2.2.2 to v 2.3.3.

how about if we have used any custom codings (like template changes) and add-ons of the v 2.2.2

first v2.2 to v2.3.0 then v2.3.0 to v2.3.1 followed by v2.3.1 to v2.3.2 and then followed by v2.3.2 to v2.3.3

is this the step by step version upgrade we need to follow.

will update if i find any details moer

@@metoome

the steps you listed are correct. the pdf document in each version gives instructions.

with templates and add ons to a 2.2 version the upgrades become increasing complex and can test your coding skills.

i opted to just in stall a fresh copy of the latest version and then bring my data info from my 2.2 customers and orders over to the new version.

there's a thread that discusses how that can be done here that should be helpful if you opt for this route:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/369330-any-easy-way-to-move-customer-from-22-rc2a-to-231/

good luck

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

• 4 weeks later...

If I just want to redo everything with a fresh install of 2.3.3 can I do it locally on my computer? How do I do that? Do I need some other program to do this?

Archived