• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Some orders going missing in my v2.3.3 store

bigbob2

We have been running a 2.2 store for many years without any trouble, but last week we changed to a v2.3.3 store and out of the 14 orders received through the site, 2 of them have disappeared We received the payment through the payment gateway provider, but there is no order in the system to match it. I logged in to the database through phpmyadmin and there are just two gaps in the order number sequence that relate to the missing orders. Does anyone know why this might be or what I can do to prevent it?

Cheers

Kev

I seem to recall that there was a problem with PayPal going to osC 2.3 where it had to be configured to return (after payment) to a different place than before (2.2). Maybe DPS is having the same kind of problem?

Have you read the 2.3 payment documentation on where the payment service needs to return to, and compared it with the 2.2 payment system? It sounds like you may need to make a minor change to DPS's configuration (where it returns to), if it works anything like PayPal. Otherwise, osC thinks that the order was abandoned.

Thanks MrPhil,

On our old 2.2 system we were manually storing and processing credit cards ourselves, so this DPS gateway is new for us. The scary thing about it is that 12 out of the first 14 orders, plus all my pre launch "test orders" (about 20) all worked fine, so the module is obviously going to DPS then returning to the right place - most of the time :o(

Cheers

Kev

Could it be similar to the paypal problem where customers get the choice to return to the website and some chose not to. The order will be then be completed but the order may not actually be completed in the store. Hopefully you get some sort of payment received email from the payment processor.

When I get this with paypal orders I have noticed that a final comment is missing from the comments section on the orders page, and the stock is not reduced.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to post my solution for anyone else who ever find this problem with DPS payments and OsCommerce. So after some testing I discovered that the trigger for the problem was after the customer goes through our checkout and makes the payment to DPS, the DPS page shows transaction complete and a botton CONTINUE. If you push the button, you are returned to our site and it displays the thank you page then the order is received. If they do not click continue and just close the browser, the payment is received but your web site does not know that and the order is lost. So the solution was very easy, I called DPS support and talked to them, then within seconds they had changed a setting on our DPS plan that automatically returned the customer to our site as soon as the payment went through, without showing their payment complete page. Easy fix.

Kev

• 1 month later...

Just bumping the thread back up as I'm having a similar problem to this. For us though, we aren't getting any payments through for the missing orders, so it's as if trhe orders don't exist, yet in our admin area there are quite a few missing orders ID's and when we search for them it says they don't exist. I was wondering if it was from people adding something to their basket, but never going as far as the check out? We're also having sort of the opposite occur, inwhich we are getting orders through on our system by people who have gone as far as the payment section and for some reason have backed out, (or can't get it to work) and the order comes through on our system but no payment. Both these things have started happening since we moved to use Payment sense rather than our paypal terminal. Just wondering if anyone knows why or how?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, im pretty new here, just set up my oscommerce site store 2 months ago....and currently only have one item for sale, working on alot more soon, but i have sold 6 of my one item, and yet NO ORDERS show up in the admin area under ORDERS, or under the CUSTOMER Order section....

I am getting paypal payment notifications tho...so i am assuming its doing the same thing, not going back to the store, again, im assuming thats what it is, but i am not positive....and if that is the case, i dont know how to fix it...

@@gcextreme

Have you set up a return url within your paypal profile. A search on these forums will bring up many answers to your question and also how to set up paypal correctly.

No i have not done that.......i will search for it.....or do u have a link on how to do the paypal setup?

Thanks alot!

Archived