• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I have messed up my modules, please help!

bigbob2

While installing a new boxes module, I deleted the module file and installed it again and now I have broken my admin>modules>boxes function. Something has got out of sync and now when I go to my install module list, it shows one module, which I have no option to install, but only edit(which gives errors) or remove module, but if I click remove module it removes a different module, so I now have 2 uninstalled modules, but one will still not have the option to install module because it thinks it still is.

I have had a look in the config database, but I don't know what I am looking for.

Please help

Kev

Oh, it's V2.3.3

Thanks for the info. I just tried that and when I started installing them, as I got to the problem modules, it went back to the same problem. Also one of my modules could no longer install at all, so I had to restore a backup.

Kev

In a text editor open the module in question and check the code for its "configuration" keys, then you can look those up in phpmyadmin.

simple cleanup :

UPDATE `configuration` SET `configuration_value` = ' ' WHERE `configuration_key` LIKE 'MODULE_BOXES_INSTALLED'

and

DELETE * FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_key` LIKE '%MODULE_BOXES%' AND `configuration_key` NOT LIKE 'MODULE_BOXES_INSTALLED'

Perfect@@foxp2

Had the problem a few times but had to do manually is this some sort of bug in modules boxes/install ??

Have not tested the SQL but looks good.

So even if I deleted the boxes the original SQL was still there (it was duplicated).

My boxes were repeated several times so deleted manually in phpmyadmin

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Thanks.

I ran the first line, but the second would not run and gave me the error :#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '* FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_key` LIKE '%MODULE_BOXES%' AND `conf' at line 1

Then I checked my modules and it had turned them all in to the bad ones as above.

Kev

Hi Kevin,

I went to PhpMyAdmin and deleted all references to MODULE_BOXES and then reinstalled using the shop admin.

It sorted all problems including sort order etc..

Back up your database before changing.

As I said the problem was that they were duplicated.

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

problem with special quote.

UPDATE 'configuration' SET 'configuration_value' = ' ' WHERE 'configuration_key' LIKE 'MODULE_BOXES_INSTALLED'

and

DELETE * FROM 'configuration' WHERE 'configuration_key' LIKE '%MODULE_BOXES%' AND 'configuration_key' NOT LIKE 'MODULE_BOXES_INSTALLED'

hum ... :blush:

DELETE * FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_key` like '%MODULE_BOXES%' and `configuration_key` not like 'MODULE_BOXES_INSTALLED'

cette fois, c'est la bonne ...

i guess i go to bed tonight ...

I managed to pull just the configuration sql from an old database backup from a few days ago, so I took it back to before my tinkering and I have it all running perfectly again (as far as I can tell).

Thank you all very much for your assistance :)

Kev

Archived