• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Total weight by chekout - error counting

hachris

Hi everybody,

having a little mystery here - everything working so far with 2.2 version, only the total weight by checkout it counting from 3 and not from zero (...). Meaning if I order 3 items à 0,50 kg, by checkout the systems counts 4,5 kg instead of 1,5 kg. Tried to look in the documentation, looked through the files of checkout_shipping, checkout-payment, etc. nothing strange. Anybody could have any ideas? Maybe i could just say minus 3 somewhere instead of looking for errors?

@@hachris

In the admin area under configuration>>shipping/packaging you will see TARE WEIGHT, which by default adds 3 to the total. Make it a zero.

Also, why are you using an old version of osCommerce ? v2.3.3 is the latest stable release. If you are using any of the v2.2 releases, you will have more problems than you can count with server compatibility.

Chris

Hi Chris,

great, it worked, also changed the % on "larger packadges" from 10 to 5% and now it´s counting as it should. Thanks!

Yeh, good question about the version - I installed 3 months ago through the server and at that moment the last stable version seems to have been the 2.2. In the meantime we worked on it a lot (shop.teleweb.es) and now that it´s finished the time is to fill it with products (and my developer leaves for Japan 2 months the day after tomorrow, so no big movements now...). Thanks a lot again, ready to start!