• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Blank checkout_shipping.php

After a user selects their preferred shipping method, checkout_shipping.php returns a blank page. I know it has something to do with the shipping modules I installed. I am very new to php and trying to read and understand this code has cost me hours.

My question is what is checkout_shipping.php trying to validate before it redirects me to the payment program??? What would be causing me to not redirect???

Thank you in advance,

Jay

@@CHAV69

A 'blank' page is usually caused by 'whitespace' within a file. Ensure there is no 'whitespace' in any of the files you edited to install the modules.

Chris

I removed any excessive whitespace out of checkout_shipping.php and that didn't work for me. The first time through the program displays correctly and the shipping rate is displaying also. The page only returns blank after the preferred shipping method has been selected.

Will whitespace in another program being used by checkout_shipping.php cause this issue as well, should I check the other programs also???

What is checkout_shipping.php trying to validate before it redirects to the payment program???

@@CHAV69

Whitespace in any of the following files could effect the checkout process:

checkout_process.php

shopping_cart.php

checkout_shipping.php

checkout_payment.php

checkout_success.php

checkout_confirmation.php

However, you said you remove all of the whitespace ?....what are you classifying as whitespace, because you shouldn't 'see' whitespace at all. Are you using a text editor to make the changes in your files ?

Chris

I'm guessing what you meant by whitespace is actual space between lines of code. I am using the vi editor directly on the server. Most the space I am finding is usually just one line between sections of code to help readability I imagine. But I can't read it anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

Thank you for your quick responses.

Dear Jay;

I posted right after you with the same problem. This was in a fresh version of osc and all the files for usps were dropped in. I had to go through all those new files and scroll down to the bottom. As in the past, my whitespaces were actually AFTER the last ?>. Go through every file you toched and do the same. Just delete everything after the '?>', even if it looks like there is nothing there. I guess the computer puts in those white spaces when we are transferring files. They have caused a lot of frustration in the past. I finally got the payment page to come up after deleting blank space. try it.

Lark

Archived