• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

can't work with payment modules

cruzing

Hi everyone,I hate to ask but can't figure it out( i have tried looking for an answer on web).

In admin I can see that there are 47 payment modules that can be installed, but when i click the plus button I only get Authorize.net Credit Card AIM/sim and even when I ckick on these I get a blank page.

I used to have paypal express and wanted to use paypal standard,uninstalled paypal express and that would even show up anymore.

It's osc 2.3.3 with the following modules added:extra info pages;easy populate,USPS Rate v4 Intl rate v 2-1.7 and shared ssl cert on bluehost.

Thank you for you're help. :x :x

Check and see if you have made any amendments to admin/modules.php.

It could be you messed up there.

Or the db does not relect the modules that have been installed.

There is one ecord in the config table in the db that lists the installed modules then there is one record per payment method that is installed that indicates if it is active.

So you could look here.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Mr.walton

Let me start by saying thank you,you're a great resource .My admin/modules.php file looks good.

When I look into my database for the payments modules I see none there,What's a quick remedy ?

Also,If I can't resolve my issue and want to reinstall everything fresh should I also delete my database ?

Thanks again.

Did you look in the configuation table?

If you have not "done" anything to the site a reinstall is the easiest option. It should clear out the db as part of the installation.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Yes I looked.I has Installed Modules then underneath..MODULE_PAYMENT_INSTALLED

and underneath that an empty box.

Is there a way to throw in the paypal standard module in there,it's the only one I need ?

I can see all the payment modules when I look into the legacy file manager, could it have anything to do with the installation of the SSL cert ?

What I did last time was reinstall everything with Simple scripts,fairly fast and easy;hate doing the image upload as that takes @3hrs.

I appreciate all your hlep.

Shouldn't need to reload the images if they are already on the server. Either move them to another directory and once the install is completed and the modules installed, move them back.

Anyway now you need to see if there are any payment module records in the configuration table. Rather than try to explain this it sounds like a reinstall is the quickest solution.

Cheers

G

@@cruzing

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Just an update:uninstalled osc233 then reinstalled it this morning using simple scripts and would you believe nothing changed.

Called bluehost and requested an account wipe for a new reinstall.After getting off the phone with them,reinstalled again and again I could not add payment modules.

I uninstalled again,deleted any files still left and deleted the entire database.Reinstalled for the last time and was getting "can't start session with errors" deleted all cookies and all is on target again. What a nightmare.

God must be playing an April's fool joke on me.

Have a nice day,everyone.

• 5 months later...

I am having a similar problem with the screen going blank after I try to check out. PayPal express is the only option I was using for checkout. The database configuration entries show that it is being set up but I am having problems diagnosing beyond that since I get no eMail error information. I have re-installed osC 2.3.3.2 a few times and called PayPal to see if they can help (maybe reset the API credentials). The PayPal Express Checkout credentials show Success! every time. I'm looking for alternatives and/or some diagnostic help.