Sign in to follow this  
alexman

is any payment company who don't ask so much details information

Hello,

Two question please:

1.Is any payment module for payment through a company who don't ask me for so many details information?For example 2checkout ask me to send info about passport,ID car, personal ID,ID of the company,detail information about partners, and utilities for last 6 months. I use now only Paypal, but I need something for direct payment with Visa,Master,..card.

2.For a OScommerce dedicate to japan, what payment module should I add on, to be familiar for their local checkout?Thanks to all.

Most card processing companies will require this sort of information. Most of it is for fraud protection to both the card company and your customers.

Those who usually have something to hide do not like giving the information.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Phoenix version here

It's easy to say to yes every question.

They're asking this information of you (as the seller setting up an account), not for each customer? It does seem a bit excessive, but they do have a legitimate interest in verifying your identity. I think PayPal was satisfied with just your credit card number, but if you're planning to actually handle customer credit card numbers, the stakes go up.

If you're intent on setting up a system that directly accepts credit cards on your site, be aware that there are all sorts of expensive security audits and such that you'll have to do to certify that you're in PCI-DSS compliance. Is it really worth it? You have to spend a lot of money to get slightly lower per-transaction costs, so you have to be really high-volume to make it pay off. If it's important to you that your customers not see you handing them offsite to PayPal, I think even PayPal offers a plan to stay on your site (but you still have to be PCI-DSS compliant, since you're handling credit card numbers on your site).