• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

upgrade 2.2-MS2 to 2.3.3 database only

DVBHardware

I have to tables only 2.2-MS2 to 2.3.3 database only, (no pages)I noticed in 2.2 images are in the product table and in 2.3.3 it is a separate table. Is there any good opensource or etc. to merge the some database into the new showing the table structure something a left & right view ?

Thanks, Jimmy

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

I don't know of anything that will directly work on two database views, but if you're willing to work with the two .sql backup files, "WinMerge" is a great (and free) side-by-side compare and edit tool. That would probably be safer, anyway, than fooling directly with the live databases. You would just have to remember to make all your changes to the old database: first the structure (CREATE TABLE) and then updating the data insertion (INSERT).

I guess I'll have to open 2 phpmyadmin's for each database and compare the table structure, I have beyond compare but a backup compare is too big, best to do 1 table comparison at a time.to make sure they line up.

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

Hi,

BACKUP YOUR DATABASE

I managed to do this by running the following(Quotes are important).

INSERT INTO products_images SELECT "",p.products_id as products_id, p.products_image as image, pd.products_description,"" FROM products as p, products_description as pd WHERE pd.products_id=p.products_id

Should import all the information correctly, as far as I know, I've never really worked with oscommerce that much.

BACKUP YOUR DATABASE

Archived