• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where to start with shipping modules?

DesertCoder

Hello All,

I'm ready to implement shipping modules into my osc stores. After searching the add-ons page, I saw there were well over 400 of them to choose from. Some were updates, some did specific things in conjunction with other modules, but I was not left with a warm, fuzzy feeling as to where I should start.

So...

I want to offer UPS, USPS and FedEx for both domestic shipping in the USA and international shipping.

With over 400 modules available, it's a daunting task to figure out which ones to use, so I'm asking here first if anyone here has a link or file recommendation for the three services mentioned above.

Many, many thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

DesertCoder

Hello All,

I'm ready to implement shipping modules into my osc stores. After searching the add-ons page, I saw there were well over 400 of them to choose from. Some were updates, some did specific things in conjunction with other modules, but I was not left with a warm, fuzzy feeling as to where I should start.

So...

I want to offer UPS, USPS and FedEx for both domestic shipping in the USA and international shipping.

With over 400 modules available, it's a daunting task to figure out which ones to use, so I'm asking here first if anyone here has a link or file recommendation for the three services mentioned above.

Many, many thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

DesertCoder

Hi,

Are you looking to use shipping rates based in number of items or weight or just different flat rates for national and international? While weights and #items are more accurate they do add more of an admin overhead in maintaining. I just used multiple flat rates and you could use these for each courier and then zones for more control.

I personally use Multi Geo Zone Multi Table Shipping (MGZMTS) module for my UK and overseas shipments - I have the tables set to calculate prices by weight - but it is quite versatile.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

All,

To be more specific, one client wants to use ONLY USPS for domestic and international shipments. MAny of their products are light weight so the flat-rate options are actually more expensive than other options.

So as far as USPS is concerned I need access to current rates for single or multiple items, not all of which are similar in size or weight, for shipping domestic (USA) and international.

If I can get theu USPS handles for this client, I can add it and the other models for other carriers for my other stores. For now though, the USPS-only client is top priority.

Thanks!!!

Cheers,

DesertCoder