• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My Prices are changing

doodles

I have put 3 items in my store.....All three have gone up in price from what I put them is as....

One went from $4.99 to $5.39

Another went from $3.99 to $4.31

And the last one went from $1.99 to $2.15.....

I know this is NOT because of taxes.....Could it be because I only accept PayPal?

I hope somone can help

Thanks!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tax setting for DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX use to be defined as true or false in /includes/application_top.php

The new location for this setting is in the Admin ... Configuration ... My Store

If you recently updated, the setting could be on now and you not realise it.

The difference between all of those prices is exactly the same, 8%.

this is what it was set on:

// customization for the design layout

define('TAX_DECIMAL_PLACES', 0); // Pad the tax value this amount of decimal places

define('DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX', 'false');

Well ... if you downloaded oscommerce, the date of the snapshot is the name of the file that you downloaded ...

If you installed something automatically with your hosting company, you email them and ask them the exact date of the snapshot being used.

No ... that is not the oscommerce snapshot date. That is the version of php you are running.

If you were to totally erase your whole site ... (and I am not saying to do this) what file would you unzip to reload everything?

Once upon a time ... it was an empty little domain with no code on it ...

Then, along came a spider who load all these files on it and voila! A web site was born ...

Somewhere between those two happenings ... someone or something got a file containing all of the oscommerce software and put it on your site.

It may have seemed like magic ... but it was really done by a human or a script designed to load software.

What we need to determin here is what is that software that was loaded.

As oscommerce has been in the making for many years ... we need to know what snapshot date you have loaded ...

Let's try this ... what is your URL?

Okay ... we are going to fix some things one at a time.

Do not go to other questions ... do not pass go ... do not collect $200 :shock:

Open the file /includes/functions/general.php

Look to see if you have any spaces or blank lines before the first line that reads:

<?php

Then go all the way to the bottom and see if you have any spaces or blank lines before or after the:

?>

Remove those spaces and upload that file back to your site.

Then come back here and say you have done this.

Archived