• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Collection only for some categories

hoogie

Hi Guys

I want to exclude some categories from being shipped and make them collection only. I have adde the collect from store option but obviously customers could still select the delivery options that are valid for other categories.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. :)

Hi Jim

One way maybe would be to try writing a wee bit of custom code to run through the cart array and lookup the cat_id for each product - if it finds one in a prohibited category then set a flag to 'true' and stop iterating the cart array.

Then you need another chunk of code that kicks in if the flag is true - this would then check if the 'collect from store' module is live and, if so, disable anything else.

This could be done in the shipping page or class file.

Finally you need to have an array of blocked category_ids - this could be manually entered in the database or you could look at something like this and adapt it:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6906 <-- maybe you could adapt that and alter the shipping on a product level?

Have a look at this link, you can adapt the code to check for categories the product is in

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/388532-allow-shipping-method-up-to-a-certain-weight/

The trouble is what happens if there is a mix?

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hi Bob and Geoffrey

Many thanks for the advice and I'll have a look today. I basically want two flat rates, one for most of the products then another for one category, then for orders over £xx it's free. I have the two flat rates assigned and have considered if if should just change the wording to say "if you order X then choose this" and "if you order Y then choose this". Not as nice as automated butw would work.

I wll though look at your suggestions first so thanks again gents.

You should take a look into my new shipping addon SSPP Separate price per product! This has support for separate table rates, flat rates[no matter the qty], flat rates based on qty,weight,or price, and free shipping in one basket!! These rates can be applyed to individual categorys or products!!! I will be uploading the initial copy in a couple of days if your interested

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

You should take a look into my new shipping addon SSPP Separate price per product! This has support for separate table rates, flat rates[no matter the qty], flat rates based on qty,weight,or price, and free shipping in one basket!! These rates can be applyed to individual categorys or products!!! I will be uploading the initial copy in a couple of days if your interested

Hi Robert

Thanks and I will keep an eye out for the addon as it sounds interesting.