• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upsell

tgely

Hi all,

Incrase product selling in the checkout approx. by 10%

When the checkout shipping page upload a fancybox popup give a product upsell. Give a product id in the module settings and product will displayed in upsell.

Download package: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8723

Upsell language constant could be edited in standard oscommerce language editor.

http://your-domain/admin/define_language.php?lngdir=english&filename=english/popup_upsell.php

Note: this Upsell module use iframe or Modal type

If you would like prefer modal popup you have to do button and page styles.

KNOWN PROBLEM or CONFLICTS:

The upsell header tags scripts need loading after fancybox scripts!

The scripts sort orders very important.

If newer jQuery function library used change to the requested codes in popup_upsell.php header by iFrame type.

The popup use default or browser language. Not cleared the issue.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/391674-localization/

Regards,

Gergely

Edited by Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@Maestro2008

Hi

I dont understand the "known ID". The Upsell script do the html change when page build. If you dont have <h1> tag in checkout shipping page it wont work.

The module generate a hidden anchor link tag in <h1> title.

Do you controlled the scripts sort orders? The fancybox scripts need loading before and upsell script would be the latest.

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

By known ID I mean like 'product_info.php?products_id=2582', so ID = 2582.

Where does this <h1>-tag in checkout_shipping.php come from? I presume it had to be already there therefor I only got to change the checkout_process.php file (tep_session_unregister('upsell');).

@@Maestro2008

Hi

I dont understand the "known ID". The Upsell script do the html change when page build. If you dont have <h1> tag in checkout shipping page it wont work.

The module generate a hidden anchor link tag in <h1> title.

Do you controlled the scripts sort orders? The fancybox scripts need loading before and upsell script would be the latest.

@@Maestro2008

Where does this <h1>-tag in checkout_shipping.php come from?

(from ht_upsell.php module script)

:D you said don't work and I could not decide what did you think :P The ID could be in <a id="upsell"....> in html tag too.

Do you think need error handling when products_id is non defined?

If you have upsell variable saved in session before the checkot shipping the popup won't pop.

Edited by Gergely

Upgrade:

The v1.1 version not the best rather use this code:

Fix the language dependencies, when use mulilangism enviroment. (v1.11)

catalog/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_upsell.php

change:

$meta_tag .= "  $('h1:first').append('<a style=".'"display:none;"'.' id="upsell" href="popup_upsell.php"'.">Upsell</a>');" . PHP_EOL;

to:

$meta_tag .= "  $('h1:first').append('<a style=".'"display:none;"'.' id="upsell" href="'.tep_href_link('popup_upsell.php', '', 'SSL').'"'.">Upsell</a>'".');' . PHP_EOL;

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Could you explain further what the product id should be. I can't get the popup to work..

For example if the product Id is 772, is that what you enter in the upsell box.. I'm a little confused by the explination above..

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

@@booker3672

For example 772 should be good. The box (script) sort order is important.

Maybe you forgot to edit template_top.php

Search for:

<?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('header_tags'); ?>

Add after:

<?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('user_scripts'); ?>

Edited by Gergely

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There's several questions about this contribution that need to be answered so that developers can install and use the add-on without issues. 

Unfortunately this happens with coders all the time (me too). 

Here's my questions:

• Iframe or Modal is needed. Are there add-ons for this or is it a matter of getting any third party script to use? If third party script is needed - do you have one you can suggest? If there's an add-on, what is it and can you link to it?
  • If you have written code to make the iframe or modal appear - why not include it in the add-on? 
  • You've had 2 bits of changes to your code after 1.10. Why not push those through the add-on as a update? I only found them via a forum post.
  • What if we want to have multiple upsell items? Right now, there's only the ability for one - can we create multiple add-on instances to work around this? We've got 4 products we're trying to upsell to our customers (ie: buy the clock, get the batteries for $1.99, buy our hanging kit for $3.99... )
  • Can you establish where the pop-ups occur in the checkout process? When using the funnel, this may need to change
  • Are we to use the code provided in the add-on within a iframe or modal script? If so - which ones?

I am sure that a lot of these questions may seem simple to you but you're the developer that's been using this system - I'm not asking you to do my work for me, just info on how to use what you've already created. 

Thanks,

Chris

There's several questions about this contribution that need to be answered so that developers can install and use the add-on without issues. 

Unfortunately this happens with coders all the time (me too). 

Here's my questions:

• Iframe or Modal is needed. Are there add-ons for this or is it a matter of getting any third party script to use? If third party script is needed - do you have one you can suggest? If there's an add-on, what is it and can you link to it?
  • If you have written code to make the iframe or modal appear - why not include it in the add-on? 
  • You've had 2 bits of changes to your code after 1.10. Why not push those through the add-on as a update? I only found them via a forum post.
  • What if we want to have multiple upsell items? Right now, there's only the ability for one - can we create multiple add-on instances to work around this? We've got 4 products we're trying to upsell to our customers (ie: buy the clock, get the batteries for $1.99, buy our hanging kit for $3.99... )
  • Can you establish where the pop-ups occur in the checkout process? When using the funnel, this may need to change
  • Are we to use the code provided in the add-on within a iframe or modal script? If so - which ones?

I am sure that a lot of these questions may seem simple to you but you're the developer that's been using this system - I'm not asking you to do my work for me, just info on how to use what you've already created. 

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

sorry but I stopped to support outdated contributions.